DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Be inside or wherever the drone does not have contact with gps, then try
Yep that's what I've done, but the problem is that if for some reason I'm back into CE mode (e.g. using a 3rd party app) and need to get back into FCC mode in the field I may be unable to do so. Perhaps I should carry some tin foil sheets to wrap the drone with!

I updated to .500 about 15 minutes ago and I am still in FCC mode.

I turned everything on and went into the live view screen and hit ‘cancel’ when asked to switch wifi settings as I usually do, I then went back to the main screen and hit the update button.

Everything works fine after the update and I still have only 11 channels.

I am using an iPhone if it makes any difference.

I updated this morning via Android and it remained in FCC mode for me as well.
(Haven't tried re-applying the hack in the field where the drone receives GPS though; I did the upgrade inside where I was shielded from GPS signal.)

Reactions: ch3f
HI....would anyone know / have an answer please
Am in UK and just bought a USED MA from someone in the UK though he bought it in the USA !
I will need to upgrade to FCC...but as its a USA drone will it have a default FCC already built into the reset option ?
Or are all MA generic and automatically align to CE or FCC based on the original start-up based on the first location that it turns onto ?
Many thanks

they auto change mode as to where the gps says it is so I believe. I faked mine and have to click cancel when the window pops up after I start the go4 app or it will put me back in ce.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
HI....would anyone know / have an answer please
Am in UK and just bought a USED MA from someone in the UK though he bought it in the USA !
I will need to upgrade to FCC...but as its a USA drone will it have a default FCC already built into the reset option ?
Or are all MA generic and automatically align to CE or FCC based on the original start-up based on the first location that it turns onto ?
Many thanks

What do you mean by 'need to upgrade'? Where are you going to fly the drone?

In principle, when you start up, the drone will check where it is, using the GPS and set the 'power level' accordingly. If it finds it is in the 'wrong' mode, it will warn you and ask if it should change. So if you do this in the US, it will set itself to FCC (after confirming that this is what you want). If you start it in the UK it will go to CE mode.

If it was previously set to FCC (and you are in the UK), you can keep it as FCC by clicking 'cancel' when it asks to reset the power mode (or whatever it is called). If it was set to CE and you want to change it to FCC whilst in the UK, you need to use the 'hack' described in this thread.

It has absolutely nothing to do with where the drone was purchased or where it was fist started.

they auto change mode as to where the gps says it is so I believe. I faked mine and have to click cancel when the window pops up after I start the go4 app or it will put me back in ce.
HI...so all MA have identical software no matter what country they are sold....For the UK the FCC hack has to be applied....doing a full reset will not reset it to FCC by default !?...Shame !

What do you mean by 'need to upgrade'? Where are you going to fly the drone?

In principle, when you start up, the drone will check where it is, using the GPS and set the 'power level' accordingly. If it finds it is in the 'wrong' mode, it will warn you and ask if it should change. So if you do this in the US, it will set itself to FCC (after confirming that this is what you want). If you start it in the UK it will go to CE mode.

If it was previously set to FCC (and you are in the UK), you can keep it as FCC by clicking 'cancel' when it asks to reset the power mode (or whatever it is called). If it was set to CE and you want to change it to FCC whilst in the UK, you need to use the 'hack' described in this thread.

It has absolutely nothing to do with where the drone was purchased or where it was fist started.

Thanks...that makes sense.....I'll just have to hack it....

Thanks...that makes sense.....I'll just have to hack it....
You shouldn’t need to. My Air flies more than far enough without the hack.

You're fortunate. Here the added power of FCC mode helps to punch through the ambient wifi noise.

The alternative is waiting for a blackout to roll thought the area.
Yeah, I tend to only fly in rural areas because of the laws in the uk.

OK... Am in the UK and keeping my MP for now and bought a MA to go with my 7" CS ( an excellent device even though it runs a bit hot )...Anyway downloaded onto my Andriod phone ( my temp device for the MA so as to do the false location bit )... Open the Floater map and set a USA FFC location and close the app and opened the developer options to agree the FCC staff and restart and there I am in the USA...so that works.
Downloaded GO4 onto phone and connect MA controller and try to connect to the MA ...no matter what order I start the MA / CON / DEVICE or choose connect by WI FI or Cable...its a no go...The MA is in my device WI- FI list and it does sometimes connect ( a blue symbol thing ) prior to me doing the MA 1 beep or 2 beep bit, but just total stall.
If I abandon the Phone as the device and us the CS, bingo ready to fly...but in CE mode.
Clearly I'm missing a step or two with the phone Device... but seen and followed many UTube demos which obviously work faultlessly ( I,m 70 so that may be it ).
Will stick with the MP a solid workhorse that has fantastic range and totally reliable....unless there is HELP / anyone in N Wales who can provide hands on FCC assistance or a idiots guide...spent hours in circles...without the FCC bit, the MA is a dud !...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer