DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

If your on holiday in an FCC country then legally you are allowed to change to FCC mode if your coming from a CE country and vise versa.

The reason it effects iOS rather than Android is due to how Apple restricts the app.

I would not worry about it.

But how is Litchi able to force the Air back to CE mode? I would think DJI could end the hack when it wants to...

Its something to do with iOS SDK for Litchi. I cant see DJI changing anything as what we are doing isnt adding anything to the Air that is not already within its original settings. If we where adding new software to its internal memory then they would have a problem, but we are not doing that so DJI have no reason to be concerned.

It would be interesting to know if the FCC mode can be forced with MAC - xCode - Litchi. If I would force my iPhone to a location outside the CE region using mu MAC and Xcode, would Litchi force the Air back to FCC mode. After that I Could kill the Litchi app and go back to DJI GO again with the FCC hack active again... Ideas?

I used xcode to change my Air to FCC using an iPad Mini and I use Go4. If you did the same using Litchi it would revert back to CE mode the second you disconnected your device from xcode.

If your using a phone remember to turn off cellular data when your doing the mod as this will overide xcodes geo loaction ‘trick’ when you disconnect it from the Mac.

Easiest thing to do is just ditch Litchi and continue using Go4. If you REALLY want Litchie then revert to CE. Pain in the *** but its the way its got to be sadly.

Unless we could use Litchi to hack it back after using it. Same way it used to work with DJI GO 4...

Am using Autopilot similar to Litchi, try to take off the Mavic Air with Dji go 4 first, then open the Litchi app.

If you make a hack with Android you can use iOS after that. So you need Android only one time to do the hack.

i just tried on my mavic pro with a galaxy s8+. The map in GO4 is still showing exactly where i am and not paying attention to the Floater App.
I havent tried on my CS but imagine it will be the same
Dont know if u got this to work yet, but if u are using floater as fake gps you need to activate "mock lockation" in your Android unit under the Developer options menu. :)

Reactions: Kankkis
I'm getting a bit confused. I thought FCC mode is to do with the remote signal not wifi?

I have a Mavic Pro but cannot see the wifi icon (I never fly in wifi mode). Is FCC mode only for when flying using wifi?

I'm getting a bit confused. I thought FCC mode is to do with the remote signal not wifi?

I have a Mavic Pro but cannot see the wifi icon (I never fly in wifi mode). Is FCC mode only for when flying using wifi?

FCC mod is only for Mavic Air with wifi, Pro use different Ocusync technology.

Reactions: ABRsanta
I tried the Xcode hack to trick my phone into believing it was in the US last night. No joy in flipping it to FCC though.

Took a while too set it all up so I was a bit disappointed. I successfully managed to trick the phone but when I connected it to the controller I did not get the option to switch it over in the DJI app. It's my old iPhone 6 and has no sim card so its a not cellular data issue. The map on the bottom left in the DJI app in flight mode clearly showed I was 'in the US'.

So not sure whether it is a loophole closed on the iOS app, but i'm back to finding an android phone to do it.

I tried the Xcode hack to trick my phone into believing it was in the US last night. No joy in flipping it to FCC though.

Took a while too set it all up so I was a bit disappointed. I successfully managed to trick the phone but when I connected it to the controller I did not get the option to switch it over in the DJI app. It's my old iPhone 6 and has no sim card so its a not cellular data issue. The map on the bottom left in the DJI app in flight mode clearly showed I was 'in the US'.

So not sure whether it is a loophole closed on the iOS app, but i'm back to finding an android phone to do it.

It worked on the previous iOS DJO GO 4 release. I am curious if it would somehow work with Litchi. Using xCode and Litchi to force the mavic Air to FCC mode again, and the kill the app in iOS and start DJI GO again....

So what can I expect, I have Android with Go4 4.2.12. And an Air on order again efter returning my first one. Is there a No Go for FCC mode once I get it?

//Roger

So what can I expect, I have Android with Go4 4.2.12. And an Air on order again efter returning my first one. Is there a No Go for FCC mode once I get it?

//Roger

?

Of course you can mod it to FCC, very easy task to do.

Reactions: Frallan
The changelog for DJI Go Android 4.2.12 mentions something about simplifying popup messages. I would suspect this is removing the option to cancel the WiFi change to CE, as in iOS.
I'm not updating just yet in case this is so.

The changelog for DJI Go Android 4.2.12 mentions something about simplifying popup messages. I would suspect this is removing the option to cancel the WiFi change to CE, as in iOS.
I'm not updating just yet in case this is so.

It ask you everytime wanna change location when launching DJI Go, allways press Cancel and FCC stays on.
Of course when you make mod then you answer in first time YES and then you can uninstall fakeGPS and allways answer Cancel and FCC is on.

If you answer "YES" then you are in CE mode again, to make it back to FCC mode made hack again.

It ask you everytime wanna change location when launching DJI Go, allways press Cancel and FCC stays on.
Of course when you make mod then you answer in first time YES and then you can uninstall fakeGPS and allways answer Cancel and FCC is on.

If you answer "YES" then you are in CE mode again, to make it back to FCC mode made hack again.
Yes, but did the latest iOS update not remove the cancel option? Maybe the android update does the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15