DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Hmm... I think this notification might soon be a gonner on Android as well and with that been said the Air is no longer interesting for me. Tried my first unit in CE mode and no... No... No.. Order canceled.

There is no Yes and Cancel asking anymore in iOS but it keeps it FCC mode, only Litchi forces iOS to CE mode again, not DJI Go, so it's working iOS too.
I mean mod is working both devices, Androind and iOS, but if you use Litchi in iOS it forces drone back to CE mode.

Ok, so to be absolutely sure, if the air is in FCC mode in a CE area, the new DJI go 2.1.12 will display a popup stating that the WiFi mode will be changed. There will be no option to cancel, but the air will remain in FCC mode regardless?

My guess is, reading other forums, DJI figured out there is a bug in the last DJI GO4 release on iOS. Many people are experiencing the GO app no loner switches to the proper regional settings. I think there will be an update in the near future. Either the pop-ups back, or it will switch automatically without the pop-ups. In the last case the FCC hack is history. I suspect after a while the Android app will follow. DJI has our balls in their hands...

Reactions: Frallan
Ok, so to be absolutely sure, if the air is in FCC mode in a CE area, the new DJI go 2.1.12 will display a popup stating that the WiFi mode will be changed. There will be no option to cancel, but the air will remain in FCC mode regardless?
On iOS there is no pop-up anymore, and it doesn't switch back to CE in a CE region if it is already on FCC.

For fcc on mavic pro you must use 4.1.15mod app.
You can check on your device in dji folder log-cache-areacode and then in log.txt open with viewer and read ac= US and further down city=US then you are on FCC
On iOS there is no pop-up anymore, and it doesn't switch back to CE in a CE region if it is already on FCC.
Good to know. Thanks

All DJI drones that have a controller connect wifi from the smart device to the Controller. The controller acts as the network hub.

No, not correct. Not if you connect your smart device with a wire to the controller. It’s obviously not using WiFi between the controller and remote in this case. You can, and should, be in Airplane mode actually.

Reactions: johnnybflyguy
Just to confirm the Xcode trick doesn't seem to work any more.

I got to flip it into FCC mode last night using an android device. I'm running the latest IOS on my phone and the most up to date DJI go4 app. It does not offer the question about flipping it back when I fire it up.

It definitely goes further, no question.

Though over a signal heavy area last night and with a row of buildings in the way I completely lost signal while it was relatively close. It started going the opposite direction to me, where it had come from. I started sprinting towards it in sheer panic, it did not reconnect but did come home on its own. The relief when I heard it go back over my head was unreal.

That made me a bit nervous of it but I've been out and had a play today and had no issues at all. Where I am it was maxing out at about 300-400 metres. I got 700 today from the same spot and that is as far as I am ever likely to venture near home. :)

Just to confirm the Xcode trick doesn't seem to work any more.

I got to flip it into FCC mode last night using an android device. I'm running the latest IOS on my phone and the most up to date DJI go4 app. It does not offer the question about flipping it back when I fire it up.

It definitely goes further, no question.

Though over a signal heavy area last night and with a row of buildings in the way I completely lost signal while it was relatively close. It started going the opposite direction to me, where it had come from. I started sprinting towards it in sheer panic, it did not reconnect but did come home on its own. The relief when I heard it go back over my head was unreal.

That made me a bit nervous of it but I've been out and had a play today and had no issues at all. Where I am it was maxing out at about 300-400 metres. I got 700 today from the same spot and that is as far as I am ever likely to venture near home. :)

Have you tried Litchi in combination with xCode? The current DJO GO 4 is not switching at all I think. Maybe Litchi could do the switch from CE to FCC mode?

Have you tried Litchi in combination with xCode? The current DJO GO 4 is not switching at all I think. Maybe Litchi could do the switch from CE to FCC mode?

No, like I say I just used an Android in the end. I’ve not used Litchi at all so although that might work clearly the easiest route to switch to FCC is to borrow a phone for 10 minutes!

I also finally managed to switch it using an andoid phone. Only worked however when blocking the gps, else it wouldnt switch for me.

Correct. You can check the channels, if you have 11 channels in 2.4ghz channels you are in FCC mode. If you hasve 13 channels you are in CE mode.

1. Used fakegps
2. Started controller and drone, start DJI go ang go fly, answer yes when it ask, usually under minute.
3. uninstall Fakegps, don't let it be on anymore, so i uninstalled whole app.
4. Allways answer "no"
5. you are in FCC mode.

If you answer "yes" make all above again.

Last edited:
I also finally managed to switch it using an andoid phone. Only worked however when blocking the gps, else it wouldnt switch for me.

You don't need to block GPS, uninstall that FakeGPS and all is fine.

Correct. You can check the channels, if you have 11 channels in 2.4ghz channels you are in FCC mode. If you hasve 13 channels you are in CE mode.

1. Used fakegps
2. Started controller and drone, start DJI go ang go fly, answer yes when it ask, usually under minute.
3. uninstall Fakegps, don't let it be on anymore, so i uninstalled whole app.
4. Allways answer "no"
5. you are in FCC mode.

If you answer "yes" make all above again.

But what if you only have channels 2-10??

But what if you only have channels 2-10??
Apparently, as mentioned in another thread, DJI are aware of an iOS issue that is preventing the channels above 10 showing. If you can get hold of an Android phone, you should be able to view all the channels, then switch back to your iOS device which should then still show them.

So can confirm if you roll back the DJI Go 4 app on your iOS device (see YouTube to do this) then follow the Xcode guide to spoof your gps you can then put the air into FCC mode. Then delete the DJI Go app download again and the drone stays in FCC mode. Long winded way but if you don’t have a android device it’s a work around

Hi all,
For iOS users: I tried spoofing the GPS yesterday on 4.2.12 and it did not work. I will try to roll back to another version of the app later and see how it goes. I just noticed that 4.2.14 is out with the change log saying "bug fixes". Can anyone confirm FCC still works with that version (once it has been allowed on a previous version obviously)?

Reporting back on my experience with 4.2.14.

Editing this for the second time...

I could enable FCC using 4.2.14 with X Code. Once FCC was enable, Was able to cancel when prompted to revert back to CE. So all good with Version 4.2.14 :).

Last edited:
Reactions: brickers
Quick update: I just had a test flight in my neighbourhood and I don't think I got outstanding results. Nothing scientific here, but I have not observed a substantial range boost before getting laggy video and signal loss. Any way to make sure I indeed was in FCC? What makes me think I was in FCC is that 5.8 Ghz was available (it wasn't before spoofing) and I had 13 channels available in 2.4 Ghz.

So to me, that should indicate I am in FCC, but range was still pretty poor (ca. 600 meters in a suburban area).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard