DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode in CE area

Yes, like previous post said. If you have 13 channels in 2.4 u are in CE. U need it to show only 11 channels, then you are in FCC.

Reactions: brickers
Quick update: I just had a test flight in my neighbourhood and I don't think I got outstanding results. Nothing scientific here, but I have not observed a substantial range boost before getting laggy video and signal loss. Any way to make sure I indeed was in FCC? What makes me think I was in FCC is that 5.8 Ghz was available (it wasn't before spoofing) and I had 13 channels available in 2.4 Ghz.

So to me, that should indicate I am in FCC, but range was still pretty poor (ca. 600 meters in a suburban area).
Wrong - you only get 11 channels in 2.8 when in FCC mode, you were still in CE

I have done it for the spark when I connect my spark it's in fcc mode with 11 channels I'm using the same go app app for my Mavic Pro so shouldn't that be in fcc or is it different because it is ocusync or do I have to do it again and fake my location for the pro as well?

I don’t think so - you don’t use WiFi
I think you have to use dji software on a computer to get fcc for the pro I've just watched some YouTube videos. Ce mode on the pro isn't bad I was just wondering because I've got it in fcc on my spark will it affect my Mavic Pro cause I'm using same app for both( dji go 4.2.12 app)

Thanks all for the feedback. Well that's embarrassing, I got the channels number wrong. So the fact that I have access to 5.8 Ghz and more than 10 channels in 2.4 Ghz is maybe due to the last update of the app...

I will update my previous post as it gives erroneous information.

Anyone knows how to get the X-Code trick to work as an app on iOS? Following the X-Code procedure creates a blank app on my phone that stays there as long as I don't delete it. I am thinking that there must be a way to make this app replicate the X-Code trick (maybe with preloaded GPX files), as an own developer app and not one from the App Store. That would seem to be the only way to keep FCC working with the app update that forces CE back.

Android question.

Can anyone confirm if the FCC mode (wlan settings pop up cancel option when in CE country) still works on 4.2.14.
I'm on 4.2.12 and all is fine.

Thanks guys

Android question.

Can anyone confirm if the FCC mode (wlan settings pop up cancel option when in CE country) still works on 4.2.14.

Thanks guys

Seems to work on my newly acquired Air. Well I’m assuming it is as I’ve only got 11 channels still.

Reactions: Mcgon
For fcc on mavic pro you must use 4.1.15mod app.
You can check on your device in dji folder log-cache-areacode and then in log.txt open with viewer and read ac= US and further down city=US then you are on FCC
Can you not use the new 4.2.12 577 and spoof the go app with fake GPS app on the Mavic Pro? Thanks

Android question.

Thanks guys

I can can confirm the pop-up is back and the cancel option is there. I am on the FCC hack in CE region. (and on the latest firmware)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom