DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC mode

Thank you for the reply. I use a android phone, with a fake GPS and DJI app installed. The Mavic Air is in FCC, and sometimes it askes for change of wifi setting, and then i can press cancel. But some times i just find out that the drone has switched back. Did not see the change. Maybe it can be, that I sometimes use Hangar Autopilot.

Exactly that is the reason. DJI Go does not change back without asking. Other Apps do.

Reactions: TNielsen
So, let me confirm again for the fake gps usage...
1. On fake gps, put it in US
2. Turn on the mavic air RC and drones
3. Turn off the fake gps, and let it use fcc mode...

Is it correct ..?

So, let me confirm again for the fake gps usage...
1. On fake gps, put it in US
2. Turn on the mavic air RC and drones
3. Turn off the fake gps, and let it use fcc mode...

Is it correct ..?

Yes.

ON fake GPS, set location to USA, then DJI GO4 ask if you want to switch WLAN Setting, then you press YES. You are now in FCC. (DJI GO4 thinks you are in USA now)
Then uninstall/remove fake GPS, DJI GO4 will ask again if you to switch WLAN Setting as you now are "back home" but now you press CANCEL.

You need to press CANCEL everytime you launch GO4 for it to stay in FCC.

Last edited:
I am currently in FCC mode what is the best channel to fly I feel like The area I live in has a lot of interference hence why I’m still loosing signal etc but unsure if it would be the same with CE mode
Same flight path...
Should I leave it on auto or am I better off changing to 5.8ghz and selecting a channel with good connection
Or should FCC mode overwrite 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz connections if I get interference?

I am currently in FCC mode what is the best channel to fly I feel like The area I live in has a lot of interference hence why I’m still loosing signal etc but unsure if it would be the same with CE mode
Same flight path...
Should I leave it on auto or am I better off changing to 5.8ghz and selecting a channel with good connection
Or should FCC mode overwrite 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz connections if I get interference?
There is no best channel as it all depends on what channels are being used in the area you are flying. Auto is usually sufficient for me but if 2.4 I's heavily congested and not automatically selecting 5.8 then yes switch to manual. One thing to be careful of when using manual is the channel you select might be good for one one flight, but the next flight might be congested without you realizing. So you would need to check the channels frequently.

Also I believe once your in the air the AC wont change channels, so must auto select the frequency on power up. It would be extremely risky for the AC to be auto selecting channels while flying as that involves disconnecting and reconnecting.

Also I believe once your in the air the AC wont change channels, so must auto select the frequency on power up. It would be extremely risky for the AC to be auto selecting channels while flying as that involves disconnecting and reconnecting.
Yeah I’ve noticed if you go to change channels in air it restarts the wifi settings and depending on channels it flickers so wouldn’t change in auto in air,seems pointless I just did heaps of research about all the wifi settings and it’s pretty much setting your drone up and giving it some time watching each channel to see how congested they are in which channel will be best for you, sucks in a way that you need to land for it to change channels but also a good thing so it doesn’t fall out the sky haha. My area runs a lot of 2.4ghz so I feel like 5.8ghz would be better for me

also depends on the day location and times so your right it’s about monitoring the channels and taking time to have a good look and choosing the best one

Yeah I’ve noticed if you go to change channels in air it restarts the wifi settings and depending on channels it flickers so wouldn’t change in auto in air,seems pointless I just did heaps of research about all the wifi settings and it’s pretty much setting your drone up and giving it some time watching each channel to see how congested they are in which channel will be best for you, sucks in a way that you need to land for it to change channels but also a good thing so it doesn’t fall out the sky haha. My area runs a lot of 2.4ghz so I feel like 5.8ghz would be better for me

also depends on the day location and times so your right it’s about monitoring the channels and taking time to have a good look and choosing the best one

If you don't mind me asking, how can you tell if you're in FCC mode or CE mode? I'm in the United States if that makes any difference.

I recently got a brand new mavic air as a replacement from DJI. My 11 month old Drone had some Motor fault. The First thing I did was switched to fcc mode. The flying range improved vastly. I went 2.5 km one way couple times without any connection lost. FCC is highly recommended. 11/10

If you don't mind me asking, how can you tell if you're in FCC mode or CE mode? I'm in the United States if that makes any difference.
if you go to transmission settings, and in 2.4GHz if you have only 11 channels then you're in FCC mode. I'm pretty sure if you are in US and your phone has GPS and wasn't messed about it, you're in FCC mode.

Yesterday I flew about 3.4 km one way over open fields without any connection lost. Landed back with 14% Battery left with 6947 m total distance covered. That's my top distance so far.
Screenshot_20200216-185916.jpg

Is this still working ? I just got a used AIR and I do get the prompt to change regions but OK is greyed out. If I click on it the window goes away and nothing happens, neither the RC nor the Drone reset the network to switch regions. Same with Litchi so I'm thinking it's not a DJI Go limitation but maybe something on the RC ?

EDIT - ok I got it to work, I was connecting my phone to the RC using the USB port at the bottom of the remote. Using the "MicroUSB" (sort of) on the side of the RC it restarted ok.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78