DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC or CE mode?

josecarlosss

Reactions
Hi guys, about the FCC mode, what do you prefer, is it for you more stable for you? I don't mind to go more than 1km away but is it worth to switch to FCC?

Thanks

FCC is more stable. After 500m at Urban areas the Drone was disconnected until I changed mine to FCC, however even if I can't reach 1km I don't have laggy image. The great difference between the two modes is when I fly at surroundings

Reactions: josecarlosss
No. You do not have any issue with the warranty. You can have big troubles with law, if your country does not permit FCC. In Europe FCC mode is officially illegal, even if many people use it for long range flight, and also because the signal is stronger and more stable than CE mode. I don't know the situation in England after the Brexit, but it is easy to check with a simple search on Google.

Reactions: josecarlosss
No. You do not have any issue with the warranty. You can have big troubles with law, if your country does not permit FCC. In Europe FCC mode is officially illegal, even if many people use it for long range flight, and also because the signal is stronger and more stable than CE mode. I don't know the situation in England after the Brexit, but it is easy to check with a simple search on Google.
How many have been fined for using FCC frequencies in CE areas?

How many have been fined for using FCC frequencies in CE areas?
I have no idea and, basically, I don't care.
If unfortunatly you cause any damage with your drone , the flight record reports your fliing mode, your insurance will not cover the damages and you can be persecuted by law. However you can evaluate the risk and decide if it is worth or not, but you cannot recommend an illegal behaviour, in special mode on a public forum.

Reactions: jthspace
I have no idea and, basically, I don't care.
If unfortunatly you cause any damage with your drone , the flight record reports your fliing mode, your insurance will not cover the damages and you can be persecuted by law. However you can evaluate the risk and decide if it is worth or not, but you cannot recommend an illegal behaviour, in special mode on a public forum.
You're not in a position to speak definitively. They might not cover and I might be prosecuted...

Besides, drone pilots are used to being persecuted.

I'll take the enhanced signal strength.

Hi ...I have today successfully managed to change My Air to FCC mode ...my question is if I have the WiFi set to auto will it still change between 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz......and Yes I am a relatively newbie...Thanks Len

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa