DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC vs CE comparison video

Only on apple devices. A non issue if you use windows.
you''re talking about 2 different platforms.
Apple and Android couldn't open the RAW files taken. a friend was taking shots on Android and couldn't have opened the files. (maybe Windows could've but it's not helping if you edit on your phone)

You couldn't open RAW images taken between 10pm-midnight. images would get corrupted.
that was true all the way to .1000
Isn't it just a small trade off? No? Getting more than twice the RC distance against not able to open RAW files taken between 10PM - midnight?

Just curious, if you don't mind to answer, what kind of pictures do you take with your Mavic at that hour? Are you in the far northern hemisphere where twilight falls around those hours?

Reactions: avielc
Isn't it just a small trade off? No? Getting more than twice the RC distance against not able to open RAW files taken between 10PM - midnight?

Just curious, if you don't mind to answer, what kind of pictures do you take with your Mavic at that hour? Are you in the far northern hemisphere where twilight falls around those hours?
Hahaha, no worries mate, I'll gladly answer that.
I usually don't get much time to take pictures with the drones during daytime during weekdays, so I usually meet up with fellow droners during the night and look for cool places to take shots.
so for the tradeoff question, if i was still using only JPG it might have been fun to play with (though going back versions on iOS and firmwares on an expensive drone, is a drag and a little risky at this point.)

Hahaha, no worries mate, I'll gladly answer that.
I usually don't get much time to take pictures with the drones during daytime during weekdays, so I usually meet up with fellow droners during the night and look for cool places to take shots.
so for the tradeoff question, if i was still using only JPG it might have been fun to play with (though going back versions on iOS and firmwares on an expensive drone, is a drag and a little risky at this point.)
Off topic:
Well, you bought the wrong drone then :). If you take pictures during the night, you should get P4P instead. The difference between P4P and Mavic for night pictures is day and night (pun intended :))

Off topic:
Well, you bought the wrong drone then :). If you take pictures during the night, you should get P4P instead. The difference between P4P and Mavic for night pictures is day and night (pun intended :))
Hah! You'd be amazed what pictures i've taken during night with Mavic (and a good friend has also made things unbelievably sharp with a mavic, check out his insta - Gary Katz (@garykatz) • Instagram photos and videos)
Gotta go for now, i'll be back later

Instrgram, Facebook etc are awful ways of telling if a photo is sharp or has good colour, few artefacts etc. The massively compress a picture and display it in a low size and resolution.

The P4P images are on a different planet to the Mavic. Mavic is basically a 2 year old cell phone camera with manual functions.

Instrgram, Facebook etc are awful ways of telling if a photo is sharp or has good colour, few artefacts etc. The massively compress a picture and display it in a low size and resolution.

The P4P images are on a different planet to the Mavic. Mavic is basically a 2 year old cell phone camera with manual functions.
I agree the P4P has a better camera than the Mavic without a single doubt, proven time and time again.
I'm just showing you an instagram of a friend who takes amazingly sharp pictures at night.
Of course the social networks diminish that picture quality, but you get quite good results to view and compare to what you've seen.
So have a look, don't be shy ;-)

Hah! You'd be amazed what pictures i've taken during night with Mavic (and a good friend has also made things unbelievably sharp with a mavic, check out his insta - Gary Katz (@garykatz) • Instagram photos and videos)
Gotta go for now, i'll be back later
Some great pictures, even in low resolution. In the end of the day the drone has to suit your needs. I would like the P4P camera quality (or love the Inspire X5...) but the portability of the Mavic, and the fact I use it for recreation, is more important.

Outside of the USA and Canada it used to be CE (or even lower depending on who you ask). It appears that the new firmware adds options for other countries. But here in Brazil we have the low power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ