DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature Request: Set Return-To-Home Altitude to Current Altitude Button

dirktwa

Reactions
I am sick of having to try to guess how tall the highest building in my current surroundings is, having to input this guess in a sub-menu, and then having to adjust this guess after a flight later on when I realize I was wrong.

I am dreaming about a set Return-To-Home altitude to current altitude button/command, either in hardware controller (probably too ambitious), or in the software.

My routine for each flight would then be to first fly over the hightest building, activate this command, and then I know I am safe.

Who else is dreaming about this?

I am sick of having to try to guess how tall the highest building in my current surroundings is, having to input this guess in a sub-menu, and then having to adjust this guess after a flight later on when I realize I was wrong.

I am dreaming about a set Return-To-Home altitude to current altitude button/command, either in hardware controller (probably too ambitious), or in the software.

My routine for each flight would then be to first fly over the hightest building, activate this command, and then I know I am safe.

Who else is dreaming about this?

Not a bad idea but you could just set it to 80-120 meters and forget about it. Should be taller than most any building and then you don’t have to reset it and waste battery flying over to a building. Just a thought

Reactions: Tofino
I max out my RTH altitude at 500 meters because I'm often around tall buildings.

If the signal is lost and the drone is ascending, altitude is usually the factor that restores signal. A quick down pull on the stick arrests the ascent and I can decide to take it from there or let her RTH at that altitude.

If signal isn't reacquired, I feel better knowing my drone is higher than the skyscrapers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying