DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feelworld 10.1" Monitor from Thor's Drone World

If you have the original Smart Controller there, then your antenna comments are not really valid. I say that because from what I understood, is that the antenna should stick straight out if the drone is right overhead of you. If the drone is out in front of you, you do not have the antenna in the up position, but rather, they should be in the down position, pointing to the ground,
RC Pro antennas dont move to the downward position.. Would be better if they did, but they dont

My initial rambling thoughts after using for a couple of days:

I think your battery my have issues

I just flew for around 35 minutes with full brightness and i was messing with all of the various features and additional windows (LUTs and Histograms etc). Started with full charge and the charge indicator didnt move for the full flight.
I have the 6600mAh VBF9500 battery

Mine arrived today via DHL from "Amazon Logistics"/ China, saving the $40 TDW DHL international shipping charge. Very impressed so far. The U bracket that comes with it supports it nicely on a tripod, so I may go that route to take a load off, and keep the RC Pro light, without all the extra TDL mounting hardware, which adds significant weight. Using the included AC charger will also keep the monitor light when flying from the home roof deck with access to power, while batteries in the field belong on the tripod with the monitor. Major improvement over the 7” FeelWorld 4K monitor with plastic tripod screw mounts. This one is really solidly built!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnzacJack
Yes. It disables the sound from the remote with no option to change audio output from the HDMI. Perhaps DJI will be able to offer that feature in the future, but I'm not holding my breath on anytime soon.

Meanwhile, this seems to be a decent solution (albeit not perfect0

Mini Portable Speaker Option (YouTube)
AMAZON LINK
Watched the video and ordered one. What kind of battery life did the speaker give you?

Watched the video and ordered one. What kind of battery life did the speaker give you?

Supposed to be 40 hours at low volume and 20 hours at mid-volume. At max volume, it is super loud and that would be 10 hours supposedly. Given how infrequently sound is actually coming out on a typical flight, I am going to assume the battery life is very, very, very long. Might charge it weekly or less.

I am going to try to find something similar that is self powered. I would gladly trade decrease in volume if it avoided both ever having to charge and remembering to turn it on & off. It's just a simple tap on the button on the rear side of speaker and not a big deal, but just another thing to do.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my setup now.
When I started flying with the Smart Controller a few years ago, I instantly never wanted to fly with stock controller and phone/tablet again. Then when I added the 7" monitor for camera view, even flying with just the Smart Controller screen made me uncomfortable. Now, with this 10" screen and the incredible brightness and size, I will never want to go smaller. The lack of speaker is a small bummer but definitely not a deal killer. With the external speaker and proper cables, I definitely recommend this to anyone considering purchasing. (Again, with the caveat like I said in the initial YouTube video that is definitely likely overkill for an occasional flyer and more suited to someone who flies many times per week)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu