DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Female droners

Thank you! It's rainy here in OR so my winter project is to learn more about my drone's video, how to edit and post on YouTube, etc. We have an Adobe subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop, which includes Premiere Rush, so I intend to start working with that.

My wife was asking if there are Lady/Female (not sure what I’m allowed to say these days, have to be careful) drone flyers. All the posts/comments seem to be to be from males. She’s not interested in flying a drone herself, she just wanted to know if there are any of a different sex other than males flying them, she’s nosy that way?
Bit of a frivolous question, if not allowed please delete.
I'll do her one better......I'm a female drone flyer and 70 years old. I've been flying for about 7 years now. I have a MA2 and MM, Love flying.

My wife was asking if there are Lady/Female (not sure what I’m allowed to say these days, have to be careful) drone flyers. All the posts/comments seem to be to be from males. She’s not interested in flying a drone herself, she just wanted to know if there are any of a different sex other than males flying them, she’s nosy that way?
I'm 67 with an FAA Part 107 Certificate. I own 6 birds, from a Matrice 210, Mavic Mini/Mini 2, to a Tello Iron Man used for STEM teaching. You wife should try it for herself - and meet up with the other Women Who Drone Women Who Drone

Attachments

• Family Tree.jpg
    Family Tree.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Cool site.
I'm in Liverpool.
It's a little bleak down here now; but if we don't like the weather here we can just wait 10 minutes.
Can't wait for Summer when it gets here in another8 months.

Not friviolous and an interesting question. I know a few female droners, but honestly you don't see a lot of them. Never heard anyone offer an explanation for this. Maybe men for some reason like gadgets more?

An excellent source of info can be found on "thedronegirl" web site. Sally French.
...viva la femme!

Lady flyer here in my 50s. I have been flying since 2015... husband hasn’t been interested in learning to fly a drone. Started on the little Hubsan drones, then picked up a Blade 350QX2. Flown a Yuneec Typhoon, a 3DR Solo, and now the Mavic Air.

Been grounded this year with the pandemic, not going anywhere. My neighbor is also a flyer, and he pissed off the neighborhood, so I don’t fly much at home...

Last edited:
The fact that she doesn't want to fly herself kind of answers her question

Hi, I am a senior citizen and a photographer that loves nature photography. Since Covid, I cannot go to places where people gather mask-less. So, I got a 1st drone and lost it(a cheap one...as an amateur pilot) I fly a Mavic Air 2 now and cautious about my flying and complying with all the FAA rules. I love seeing photography from a birds eye view, and am impressed with the videos it can take. Winter makes flights short as fingers get cold. It makes all the distancing easier to deal with. Dawn, Vermont, USA

Attachments

• Photo_6553665_DJI_65_jpg_4088788_0_20211281950_photo_original.JPG
    Photo_6553665_DJI_65_jpg_4088788_0_20211281950_photo_original.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: NG Wildman
Hi All,
Female pilot here from beautiful green Oregon. I haven't posted much, initially because I was so ashamed that I had crashed my first drone, a Phantom 2+. But the more I read here, the more I realize that there are "those that have, and those that will"! After not flying for a few years, I am now getting used to my Mavic Air I and I love it. In addition to YouTube, this forum has been a valuable asset in my education. Many thanks to all who contribute!
I live in Oregon. I’m a guy who started with a Phantom 2 way back. After progressing through several others, I now fly the MA2 and enjoy it a lot. My wife likes to see what I’ve been up to with the MA2. I’m hoping some day she’ll want to give it a try.

Greetings from the Eugene area. Glad to see ya here.

Reactions: Sylvia-Khatt
Hi, I am a senior citizen and a photographer that loves nature photography. Since Covid, I cannot go to places where people gather mask-less. So, I got a 1st drone and lost it(a cheap one...as an amateur pilot) I fly a Mavic Air 2 now and cautious about my flying and complying with all the FAA rules. I love seeing photography from a birds eye view, and am impressed with the videos it can take. Winter makes flights short as fingers get cold. It makes all the distancing easier to deal with. Dawn, Vermont, USA
Wow. What a simple, but great shot. I enjoyed zooming in and rolling through the trees. Great composition.

The reason "droning" is a male-dominated field was scientifically documented decades ago.

D

The reason "droning" is a male-dominated field was scientifically documented decades ago.

D
That's pretty funny. I hope people take it for the spoof it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905