DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File Format Mystery Air 2s

Mr Mint

Reactions
I guess I have lots to learn. I am so happy that this group is around. Anyways I just took my second flight today burning all three batteries. This is so much fun. Anyways I thought I had made a video recording and yes I do have a bunch of different files with different file extensions on the SD card. I just don't know how to open them up. Please help me to figure out the following type of files
The file extension samples are as follows...DJI_003,AIS AIS File DJI_003 Screen Saver and the last sample is dji.gis So any idea how to open up these sample files. Any comments would be appreciated, Thanks Mr Mint

I guess I have lots to learn. I am so happy that this group is around. Anyways I just took my second flight today burning all three batteries. This is so much fun. Anyways I thought I had made a video recording and yes I do have a bunch of different files with different file extensions on the SD card. I just don't know how to open them up. Please help me to figure out the following type of files
The file extension samples are as follows...DJI_003,AIS AIS File DJI_003 Screen Saver and the last sample is dji.gis So any idea how to open up these sample files. Any comments would be appreciated, Thanks Mr Mint
None of those sound like files you can open.
The video files will be either .mp4 or .mov, depending on which option you have selected in your settings.
Stills will be .jpg or .dng, any other file types can be ignored.

Reactions: tlswift58
Aside from the DNG and JPG files, you may also find files with an SRT extension. These will be generated when you enable generating video subtitle files in the camera menu. These files contain caption data that can be read by programs such as VLC that will show various statistics about the flight, such as height, speed, etc. The stats are updated each frame of the video

DJI creates several folders on the SD Card. ALL video and pic files SHOULD BE in the 100Media in the DCIM main folder. My DCIM folder is top of list in Windows Explorer, as all the other folder are further down the alphabet chain than "D".

If no such folder exists, then you have no files. You can do a SEARCH thru the folder in Explorer for RAW / JPEG / JPG and MP4 / MOV files. Video file name will be what you set up in FlyApp to create as - MP4 or MOV. You may not have JPEG / JPG files if you set FlyApp to save as RAW.

Thus, you need to format the SD card thru FlyApp or even in your PC, but suggest using the FlyApp so it is formatted per DJI code.

This may be unrelated, but I learned something interesting recently about my Air 2S. If you format the SD card on the AC, take photos, then put it in a PC, copy the files, delete the files on the card in the PC and then put the card back in the Air 2S, take more photos and then place it back in the PC, the PC cannot read the card. The files are all there, but the PC wants to format the card. It sees no photos.

I learned if I first format the card on the PC, I can transfer back and forth as much as I like and there are no issues reading the SD card. Of course since I am formatting the card on the PC and not the AC, I wonder what issues that will create?

Anyway, I thought you all might be interested in that ... epecially if you own the Air 2S. I also have the Mavic 2 Pro and I've not had that issue with it.

Of course since I am formatting the card on the PC and not the AC, I wonder what issues that will create?
It won't make any difference at all (despite all the people that want to tell you that you must format in the camera).
If the drone doesn't like the way the card was formatted, it will tell you and ask you to reformat anyway.

Reactions: fguthrie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock