DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File index

Miataguy

Reactions
Every time a memory card is reformatted, it resets the file index back to 1. And each card has its own index. This is the opposite of the way my Nikon works - no matter how many times I format and no matter how many cards I use, the index counter starts wherever it left off.

Is there any setting so the aircraft doesn't reset the index count between cards or between formatting?

Every time a memory card is reformatted, it resets the file index back to 1. And each card has its own index. This is the opposite of the way my Nikon works - no matter how many times I format and no matter how many cards I use, the index counter starts wherever it left off.

Is there any setting so the aircraft doesn't reset the index count between cards or between formatting?

Not yet on the Mavic Air 2 & DJI Fly. Hopefully DJI ends up giving us such an option, since their older drones did allow you to have a continuous file index that was maintained even after formatting.

If you save your videos, then after you format your sd card, put the last video back on the sd card. The Fly app will then number the next video the next higher number.

Reactions: MA2 317
If you're concerned about duplicate filenames, just adjust your work flow. I just create a date folder with the name in the format YYYYMMDD for each date taken and then copy the video files to this folder. I then run a rename program (DJIRename.cmd) I wrote to add the parent directory name which is the date taken and an optional micro SD card ID as the prefix to to the original filename. This method guarantees each filename will be unique once it has been archived to my PC.

1603654571266.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11