DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Files taking up space on device

shb

Reactions
Right now dji fly is taking up 6 gig on my tablet. These are the main directories that are doing that.

Dji.Go.v5/

files/dji/upgradedebug

Files/log.

Files/flightrecord

Files/sdr_log

Upgrade debug is taking up a lot. Does anyone know what those files do, and can they be safely deleted?

Right now dji fly is taking up 6 gig on my tablet. These are the main directories that are doing that.

Dji.Go.v5/

files/dji/upgradedebug

Files/log.

Files/flightrecord

Files/sdr_log

Upgrade debug is taking up a lot. Does anyone know what those files do, and can they be safely deleted?
Copy off the "upgradedebug" folder and delete the contents, leaving the empty folder behind. That way you can restore them, if the Fly app needs anything in them, but I doubt they are needed any more. Try it. Worst case, you completely delete the Fly app and just reinstall it.

Copy off the "upgradedebug" folder and delete the contents, leaving the empty folder behind. That way you can restore them, if the Fly app needs anything in them, but I doubt they are needed any more. Try it. Worst case, you completely delete the Fly app and just reinstall it.
I guess I will do that. But do you have any idea what the files in there are for?

I guess I will do that. But do you have any idea what the files in there are for?
Do you have a place in your settings to cache the videos and show? I uncheck that.

Files/flightrecord = Are all the flights you have made
you can backup these & delete
you can upload them to airdata & delete
you can also send them to DJI

What takes most space usually is cached footage, .... go in the app's album and delete footage you don't need

Last edited:
If I had to guess, it would be remnants of a prior update, that allowed recovery, if it went horribly wrong, that likely are no longer needed, after a successful update.

Reactions: shb
If I had to guess, it would be remnants of a prior update, that allowed recovery, if it went horribly wrong, that likely are no longer needed, after a successful update.
Likely the equivalent of a cemetery of temp files. Let us know if you experience any issues after deleting their contents, after first backing them up, out of an abundance of caution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer