DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filming American Football

LouDaGr8

Reactions
Has anyone managed to try this with the MP?

I'm from the UK so our rules don't let the drones fly during games. (Plus I'll be playing so can't run off the set up!)

Any tips or tricks? I'm hoping to do a short video using the below timeline as a guide.

This will be during our 'Rookie taster' sessions so I've got a bit of freedom to play around.

well you can't do it while playing.. well.. not properly.
but nothing inherently stops you filming during the match as long as it is permitted and depending on setup/environment.
I am assuming you talking "game with friends/small local club" setup with perhaps small crowd at the field perimeter watching.

if you work with the club I am sure you could operate as a suitable height/distance to do so safely.

hell if you use "autopilot" you could have the drone following one of the players using the airspace feature via their phones gps data, so on.

honestly the best thing to do is talk to the people in charge. hell I can imagine a coach or two would love a birds eye view of the game during or after the match for review, so they can see how the players are operating.

I was asked by my sons high school coach to film several practice sessions from nearly overhead. The Mavic handled the task beautifully and the quiet nature of the beast helped as it was hardly noticed by the players.

I was asked by my sons high school coach to film several practice sessions from nearly overhead. The Mavic handled the task beautifully and the quiet nature of the beast helped as it was hardly noticed by the players.
I did some filming of my own workplace which is a school for a video a kid was making.
did 1 pre-programmed flight and the second I did manually till the battery reached 30.
flew over at about 150ft some kids doing sport and even from the driveway I heard this cry out of "MISS ITS A DRONE!!!" lol :D

In the UK it's actually in the league rules that drones can't be used.

I actually coach the ladies team and have used it for reviewing the play.

51afdb977dd0e87f9707a8422e186be1.jpg

The film I'm doing this week is more promotional based. So looking pretty is priority over getting all the detail.

will that be your excuse for filming in the adult female changing rooms? "don't mind me ladies just getting some promotional material" :) lol

Reactions: Callum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG