DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

final questions

wytnyt

Reactions
i hope you guys bear with me here,ive browsed nearly 200 threads but no joy

i bought the best samsung tablet with wifi and dedicated gps but i cant grasp how it can control the Mp 2+ miles away.-please elaborate
im getting the marco polo i assume to locate this in a flyaway i cant use the tablet unless i tether it with my phone

the RTH will work thru the controller and doesn't depend on the phone or tablet?

i appreciate the assistance

the RTH will work thru the controller and doesn't depend on the phone or tablet?
The RTH feature works no matter which phone/tablet you're using since it relies on data from the GPS receiver inside of the Mavic. However, if that GPS receiver does not have a good connection and the Mavic switches to ATTI mode, it'll auto land at its current location instead of returning to the home point when RTH is initiated.

Reactions: AIRJORGE and wytnyt
The RTH feature works no matter which phone/tablet you're using since it relies on data from the GPS receiver inside of the Mavic. However, if that GPS receiver does not have a good connection and the Mavic switches to ATTI mode, it'll auto land at its current location instead of returning to the home point when RTH is initiated.

is there no way to avoid it landing but allow it to be flown back? atti mode is basically manual flying right?,i assume itll let me know if it goes into atti mode

is there no way to avoid it landing but allow it to be flown back?
Yes -- don't manually enable RTH.

atti mode is basically manual flying right?
When the Mavic is flying in ATTI mode, the only difference is that it won't hold its horizontal position. Instead, it'll drift with the wind.

i assume itll let me know if it goes into atti mode
Both DJI GO and the screen on the remote controller show the Mavic's current flight mode.

Reactions: AIRJORGE
Yes -- don't manually enable RTH.

When the Mavic is flying in ATTI mode, the only difference is that it won't hold its horizontal position. Instead, it'll drift with the wind.

Both DJI GO and the screen on the remote controller show the Mavic's current flight mode.

so your saying just dont use the RTH at all in order to avoid this

...i bought the best samsung tablet with wifi and dedicated gps but i cant grasp how it can control the Mp 2+ miles away.-please elaborate
im getting the marco polo i assume to locate this in a flyaway i cant use the tablet unless i tether it with my phone

The tablet does not control the MP unless the Mavic is in WiFi mode. This is set with the small switch by the SD card slot. Then it will be limited in range, certainly not 2+ miles. While switched to RC, the Remote Controller controls the Mavic with inputs from the tablet (limits, operating modes, etc). If using a tablet connected to the RC then no phone, WiFi, Internet is needed. I use my tablet in Airplane mode to reduce conflicts and free up processor use. In case of flyaway, if still connected to the RC/tablet it should show its location on the map.

is there no way to avoid it landing but allow it to be flown back? atti mode is basically manual flying right?,i assume itll let me know if it goes into atti mode
Atti mode is manual flying (without GPS). The RC/tablet will show what mode it is in. Without GPS the MP will not know where it is. This should never happen unless you are in a canyon or similar. You should still have camera feed so if you can safely raise your elevation it should re-acquire satellites and automatically switch back to GPS mode.

The tablet does not control the MP unless the Mavic is in WiFi mode. This is set with the small switch by the SD card slot. Then it will be limited in range, certainly not 2+ miles. While switched to RC, the Remote Controller controls the Mavic with inputs from the tablet (limits, operating modes, etc). If using a tablet connected to the RC then no phone, WiFi, Internet is needed. I use my tablet in Airplane mode to reduce conflicts and free up processor use. In case of flyaway, if still connected to the RC/tablet it should show its location on the map.

Atti mode is manual flying (without GPS). The RC/tablet will show what mode it is in. Without GPS the MP will not know where it is. This should never happen unless you are in a canyon or similar. You should still have camera feed so if you can safely raise your elevation it should re-acquire satellites and automatically switch back to GPS mode.

thx this really explained alot to me

My best tip would be to keep it within visual sight then. If it's 2+ miles away from you, you're going to solely be relying on the technology to be flawless (since you won't be able to confirm anything with your eyes).

My best tip would be to keep it within visual sight then. If it's 2+ miles away from you, you're going to solely be relying on the technology to be flawless (since you won't be able to confirm anything with your eyes).
with my eyesight id solely be relying on the tablet so los wouldnt be really practical
thats why im also researching on the best tracker which looks like the marco polo

i hope you guys bear with me here,ive browsed nearly 200 threads but no joy

i bought the best samsung tablet with wifi and dedicated gps but i cant grasp how it can control the Mp 2+ miles away.-please elaborate

i appreciate the assistance
Please don't fly 2 miles out. Please stay line of sight until you really understand what you are doing. And then, still stay line of sight.

if the MP gets ''ping'' reply's from its front sensor to determine distance then how does the sun affect it?

if the MP gets ''ping'' reply's from its front sensor to determine distance...
The MP does not send "pings" from the front. The front sensors are two cameras that get a stereo, 3-dimensional view of what is in front. That is why they do not work in low light.

... how does the sun affect it?
I am not sure of the exact cause. Perhaps the front cameras get overloaded or just sees the sun as a white wall, but it definitely will set off the front anti-collision sensors. Especially if you have the combination of low sun over water.

Reactions: wytnyt
The MP does not send "pings" from the front. The front sensors are two cameras that get a stereo, 3-dimensional view of what is in front. That is why they do not work in low light.

I am not sure of the exact cause. Perhaps the front cameras get overloaded or just sees the sun as a white wall, but it definitely will set off the front anti-collision sensors. Especially if you have the combination of low sun over water.
makes sense,appreciate the help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny