DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FINALLY! 199g FlyMore Combo

I bet the issue is that the weight is prominently on the AC and they don't want people to sneak their way past the regulations with a heavier aircraft than labeled.

It’s all bureaucratic. I seriously doubt anybody who takes issue with a pilot flying a drone will actually bring a weight scale to check the weight in order to throw fines at you.

I already have custom propellers and a livery I want to put on the MM. I’m pretty sure that when I do that it will put the drone over 200g. Also, some pilots want those landing legs. I forgot who made them, but I have a set already. If you put those on your drone, then you are over 200g.

Furthermore, how does DJI get away with the payload mode. If you put any extra payload on the drone then you are over 200g. I think these Civil Aviation groups need to just let the drone be classified as a light drone from the base weight period.

I’m kind of like whatever when it comes to this weight issue. I have the FlyMore Combo. I can fly for 45 minutes with 3 batteries. I have my Mavic Air and I have 4 batteries for that. It is possible to get bored when flying for over an hour.

Reactions: atsphenomenon
@SpinRush do you know whether the larger size batteries (such as the ones purchased in the US) can fit into the mavic mini that you purchased in Japan?

Last edited:
the US batteries will fit and there should not be any difference in how they connect to the drone,the only issue i could foresee would be if the firmware was different in the version for Japan and would not recognise the different battery

@SpinRush do you know whether the larger size batteries (such as the ones purchased in the US) can fit into the mavic mini that you purchased in Japan?
I absolutely 100% believe they will fit. The problem is who will let them ship to Japan? After that, there will be a firmware issue possibly.

Thanks ... good point about firmware... My only thought was to purchase the extra batteries on a visit to the US to allow for more flying time but agreed that it would be difficult to find any shipper to follow all regulations to ship the battery over here...

Can I please see a picture of the battery? I can't find any kind of 2s lipo that would only weigh 50grams.... At least not with the mah rating of the Japanese mini. Only way this is possible is a single 18650mah cell.... which would mean they used different motors and different programming.

Have you tried buying a battery from AliExpress? They seem to be available in quite plentiful supply for not too much more than the RRP

Can I please see a picture of the battery? I can't find any kind of 2s lipo that would only weigh 50grams.... At least not with the mah rating of the Japanese mini. Only way this is possible is a single 18650mah cell.... which would mean they used different motors and different programming.
Nope ! You cannot achieve 7.6 V from a single cell of 18650. Come on Justin, stop joking. :)

According to the Specs it's a LiPo 2S

Model: MB3-1100mAh-7 .6V
Rating capacity: 1100mAh
A battery type: LiPo 2S
The rating voltage: 7.6V

Nope ! You cannot achieve 7.6 V from a single cell of 18650. Come on Justin, stop joking. :)

According to the Specs it's a LiPo 2S

Lol, that's why I said different motors and different programming.

I found 1100mah lipos that weigh 46 grams :)
[US$11.99]Gaoneng 7.6V 1100Mah 50C 2S HV 4.35V Lipo Battery XT30 Plug for RC Drone RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

Yes I saw that one too when i looked up what might be compatible. I honestly do not believe that they use different motors, but yeah, they can use different programming. So far only gearbest (reseller) writes that these are universal usable/interchangeable.

"Can this two battery version of DJI Mavic Mini be universal?
Yes, you can install the 2,400 mAh battery in the Japanese version. But if you flying the DJI Mavic Mini in Japan, please obey the local policies and regulations and use Japanese version battery."

If you or anyone else figures out how to reset/revive a battery that reached EOL, we can buy cheap ones to replace the old cells.

Yes I saw that one too when i looked up what might be compatible. I honestly do not believe that they use different motors, but yeah, they can use different programming. So far only gearbest (reseller) writes that these are universal usable/interchangeable.

"Can this two battery version of DJI Mavic Mini be universal?
Yes, you can install the 2,400 mAh battery in the Japanese version. But if you flying the DJI Mavic Mini in Japan, please obey the local policies and regulations and use Japanese version battery."

If you or anyone else figures out how to reset/revive a battery that reached EOL, we can buy cheap ones to replace the old cells.

So far only way is with batteries that have not been updated. I have bms boards that I just plug new batteries into for my mini.

You can see more on the battery mod thread

Attachments

• IMG_20191210_123822.jpg
    IMG_20191210_123822.jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20191208_225757.jpg
    IMG_20191208_225757.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20191208_225802.jpg
    IMG_20191208_225802.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20191208_225733.jpg