DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally completed my first flight!

Reactions
I got my Air about 10 days ago. First thing was to watch some Youtube videos on getting it up and running and the variety of settings. I upgraded the firmware for both the controller and the bird. Then we got several days of rain so I had to wait to fly.

Finally took it to a spot near my home where it is clear enough of trees but a bit of shade for me to sit in as Houston is hot this time of year. Powered everything up and I got a notice of a new firmware updated was needed! Wow, that was fast. Took it home to do the update.

Next day back to the same spot and flew it long enough to drain 2 batteries. Overall I am impressed, my other bird is the Phantom 3 Adv. The Air handles much more accurately and it really flies in Sport Mode. I also like the simplicity of the controller, the Pantom just seems to have more buttons than I want. I'm still being cautious. I live in an area with lots of trees and forests and my eyesight isn't what it used to be so I'm careful not to get too close to the woods or out of my comfort zone as far as distance.

But it was fun!

Reactions: Irish-apple
Glad you had fun!

I too have only had mine a week or so. Taken it out a few short 100ft max runs lol

Last night I took it up 150 ft in air and was nervous but excited to see my neighbourhood from very high lol

It seems to update fairly often. I always power up before I leave the house, just to make sure I don't have a surprise when I get where I'm going to fly.

Reactions: mad monkey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura