DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally got my mini!

NotDronyDroneGuy

Reactions
Hey everyone so I’m like pretty new to the whole drone hobby. First time flyer since I’ve only flown things like brook stone toy drones. First impression: flies pretty well app is okay. I flew it 164 feet into the air right outside of my house to test it. It was pretty steady and i only landed it because it gave me a warning that the temperature was too low. The temp ws around 30 degrees when I flew it.

Hey everyone so I’m like pretty new to the whole drone hobby. First time flyer since I’ve only flown things like brook stone toy drones. First impression: flies pretty well app is okay. I flew it 164 feet into the air right outside of my house to test it. It was pretty steady and i only landed it because it gave me a warning that the temperature was too low. The temp ws around 30 degrees when I flew it.
Keep flying . . . I need more feedback before I pull the trigger.

I understand if you let it warm up (hover a minute) you’ll be fine. Battery needs to warm up.

unfortunately even at 164 ft up the temp would be lower than the ground level temp plus add in the wind chill factor the high you go the colder it gets

unfortunately even at 164 ft up the temp would be lower than the ground level temp plus add in the wind chill factor the high you go the colder it gets
True i forgot to think about that. the error it gave me was temp too low or something. Probably going to try flying it again this afternoon. It said to land because the battery may run out even though it was at 70%

Reactions: old man mavic
True i forgot to think about that. the error it gave me was temp too low or something. Probably going to try flying it again this afternoon. It said to land because the battery may run out even though it was at 70%
i think that the settings for the MM with regards to warnings are probably very conservative in the first version of the firmware,because a lot of new people will be purchasing it the settings may well change as the app and the firmware is developed

It would be interesting to view the flight log to see what temperature was actually recorded when it gave that warning.

2nd winter flying in NW Ontario Canada. Keep batteries warm until you lift off. Have flown frequently at -15 C. No issues except cold fingers.

Attachments

• 3EBDFE14-A228-405F-AB53-9A665999BE1E.png
    3EBDFE14-A228-405F-AB53-9A665999BE1E.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: NotDronyDroneGuy
Flew it again today. This morning the weather app said 28 degrees. I can only imagine how cold it must have been up there. Flew it all the way up to 300 feet and around 100 away before the signal was lost but then it was regained quickly. Landed it at 70% to be safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo