DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally got my mini!

It's possible that the MM doesn't draw enough power to cause the battery to warm up enough for cold weather. We can't necessarily go by what we know for the other Mavics.
Battery uses a different cell type too.

Reactions: NotDronyDroneGuy
Not quite true. Doesn't affect dry objects, but will affect wet ones. That's why they use misters on lines on hot days for amusement rides.
I'll stand by my first post. Wind chill will only bother living tissue. The wind can not make your drone colder. A brick in 5 degree air temp. with no wind will be 5 degrees. A brick in 5 degree air temp. with a 25 MPH wind, will still be 5 degrees.

But a wet brick will get colder. Have you ever heard of a wet bulb thermometer to quickly show wind chill?
Have you ever blown on hot soup to cool it off quicker?

It's not the the being inanimate, it's the being dry that has no effect. The reason it affects us is because we give off moisture, and the wind evaporates the moisture, taking heat with it.

But since the MM is dry, it's true it won't be affected by wind chill, but because it's dry, not because it's not living.

But a wet brick will get colder. Have you ever heard of a wet bulb thermometer to quickly show wind chill?
Have you ever blown on hot soup to cool it off quicker?

It's not the the being inanimate, it's the being dry that has no effect. The reason it affects us is because we give off moisture, and the wind evaporates the moisture, taking heat with it.

But since the MM is dry, it's true it won't be affected by wind chill, but because it's dry, not because it's not living.
wish i had never mentioned bloody wind chill but in the cold damp conditions fly over snow the drone could have been damp as well

So camera seems to get laggy at around 210 feet up in the air, even if it is only 3 feet away from the remote in terms of distance. It’s been doing quite well in the cold, hasn’t shown the low temp since the first time, though i have not flown it as high anymore. Super stable outside and when flying indoors (yes i have tried flying in my basement) is also quite stable. I tried flying it in my basement,but got carried away and ended up flying all the way upstairs lol

So camera seems to get laggy at around 210 feet up in the air, even if it is only 3 feet away from the remote in terms of distance. It’s been doing quite well in the cold, hasn’t shown the low temp since the first time, though i have not flown it as high anymore. Super stable outside and when flying indoors (yes i have tried flying in my basement) is also quite stable. I tried flying it in my basement,but got carried away and ended up flying all the way upstairs lol
You may already know this, but be sure the remote controller's antennae are oriented properly for where the drone is. The long, flat sides of the antennae should always face towards the drone. So if the drone is directly above you, you should have them pointed straight out from the controller so the flat sides point up.

Reactions: NotDronyDroneGuy
You may already know this, but be sure the remote controller's antennae are oriented properly for where the drone is. The long, flat sides of the antennae should always face towards the drone. So if the drone is directly above you, you should have them pointed straight out from the controller so the flat sides point up.
Will do

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar