DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally, My Own Drone

johnmeyer

Reactions
My friend had a Phantom 3 Pro, but couldn't fly it, so he always had me fly it.

I then lost his drone and, of course, reimbursed him for his loss.

I never wanted to be in that position again, so I finally purchased my own professional drone (I learned on a $40 Hubsan), a Mavic 2 Pro.

So, here I am, hoping to learn from everyone, and maybe help out a little.

BTW, I own a 3D printer and have printed and created all manner of little accessories for the Mavic 2.

I got the Pro. I was very intrigued by the Zoom, and initially was going to buy it. However, my son-in-law is a professional photographer who photographs all over the world in exotic places and he convinced me that the Hasselblad results would be infinitely superior.

He was right.

Also, having flown my friend's late Phantom 3 Pro, I realized that you can "zoom" just by flying closer, in most cases. It's not the same, I realize, but it's close enough.

Finally, while you can't get a continuous zoom, switching the Pro to the 1:1 4K vs. the 5K mode gives you almost the same "zoom" as the Mavic Zoom.

As for the flying, it's been great so far. Having lost a drone, I'm paying a lot more attention to range, obstacles, battery life, etc., and this is better in every way than the Phantom 3 Pro.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I own a 3D printer and have printed and created all manner of little accessories for the Mavic 2.
Create anything unique? Or are you you just printing models other people are making?

Create anything unique? Or are you you just printing models other people are making?
I started by printing other people's designs. After a week of that I rolled up my sleeves and learned Fusion 360. Since then, I've been designing and printing dozens of different parts, including half a dozen parts for my drone. Here's a link to some of the things I've designed:

Meyer 3D Printer Designs

Reactions: msinger
My friend had a Phantom 3 Pro, but couldn't fly it, so he always had me fly it.

I then lost his drone and, of course, reimbursed him for his loss.

I never wanted to be in that position again, so I finally purchased my own professional drone (I learned on a $40 Hubsan), a Mavic 2 Pro.

So, here I am, hoping to learn from everyone, and maybe help out a little.

BTW, I own a 3D printer and have printed and created all manner of little accessories for the Mavic 2.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic pilots from the Big ?. Enjoy the Mp2. Tour gonna like it here.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ste94pz