DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally produced a drone vid that I’m a little proud of — Active Track and Motorcycling

mathomas

Reactions
I got out recently on my motorcycle (BMW R1200GS Adventure) to do some gravel practice in preparation for times that I will see it “in the wild” touring back roads. I decided that I wanted to try to capture some action shots with my Air2s, and so I did, with a combination of “tripod” shots and Active Track segments.

Active Track, though certainly not perfect, has turned out better than I expected. I probably did 5-6 runs up and down that little road to get all the different angles. Good practice! In addition to the Air2s, I was running an Insta360 ONE X2 clamped to the engine guards.

Anyway, capturing footage this way definitely gave me a drone workout as well as an editing workout! It’s short, yet took me hours to cut together.

BMW R1200GSA Gravel Practice

PS: stick around for the “easter egg” at the end (which is really nearly half of the video). I got some practice picking up my bike 😆.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did a nice job. I never realized a bike like that would be so hard to upright.

WOW ! there is a lot going on there. Footage opens with a blast , eyes open , drone performs some serious sensor observations and lives to tell the tale. Seeing you on the Rock was cringe as I just knew you were doomed the longer you rode on those rocks. My only suggestion is the Music is 80s vibe and the video is much more hip.

I have been ridding a Harley wide glide for 10 years and I know my limits on those rocks , let alone trying to fly the drone so despite the falls my hats is off to you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Rescue your drone from the Rocks .

WOW ! there is a lot going on there. Footage opens with a blast , eyes open , drone performs some serious sensor observations and lives to tell the tale. Seeing you on the Rock was cringe as I just knew you were doomed the longer you rode on those rocks. My only suggestion is the Music is 80s vibe and the video is much more hip.

I have been ridding a Harley wide glide for 10 years and I know my limits on those rocks , let alone trying to fly the drone so despite the falls my hats is off to you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Rescue your drone from the Rocks .
I produce my own video music in my little mostly analog synth studio (hence your very correct assessment of the sound), and I struggled to pick something from my library for this particular video. So yeah, probably not a good match. What the main piece has going for it is energy, but it’s probably the wrong energy for this content ;-)

Dude . . . that really cane out nice!! Very creative. It's hard to just use a drone for a good mixture of footage and you balanced it well. GoPros? 360's?

Reactions: mathomas
I got out recently on my motorcycle (BMW R1200GS Adventure) to do some gravel practice in preparation for times that I will see it “in the wild” touring back roads. I decided that I wanted to try to capture some action shots with my Air2s, and so I did, with a combination of “tripod” shots and Active Track segments.

Active Track, though certainly not perfect, has turned out better than I expected. I probably did 5-6 runs up and down that little road to get all the different angles. Good practice! In addition to the Air2s, I was running an Insta360 ONE X2 clamped to the engine guards.

Anyway, capturing footage this way definitely gave me a drone workout as well as an editing workout! It’s short, yet took me hours to cut together.

BMW R1200GSA Gravel Practice

PS: stick around for the “easter egg” at the end (which is really nearly half of the video). I got some practice picking up my bike 😆.
Nice, but you do need more riding practice before you hurt yourself.

Nice video. It can get complicated getting the drone to track you. A Skyrim 2 it ain’t. I tried to get it to track me on my I ycle and it was interesting to say the least. I liked the shot angles and the music. Ya done great.

Reactions: mathomas
Nice, but you do need more riding practice before you hurt yourself.
I ride on pavement most of the time. Riding at this spot is exactly what you suggest — practice. I specifically go there to practice on non-pavement (gravel and a bit of grass), and to fall over in the process, if called for 😆.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22