DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally selling my beloved M2P, what do I need to do before handing the drone over to its new owner?

Point Zero

Reactions
As the title says, I have found a buyer for my M2P and just wanted to ask the experts here what I need to do before handing the drone over? I am about to buy the new M3P and I would like everything to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Cant wait to get my hands on this new M3P!

Reactions: @Rip
If you are selling it with a smart controller remove the flight logs from the controller.
Other than that remove the memory card from the drone, there is nothing else that needs doing or can be done.
It might be polite to run them through the menus but that would only be applicable if it's a face to face meeting.

Oh just thought of something.
I would switch OA off and tell them it is off, also ensure that the failsafe option and emergency motor stop option are set to the defaults of, I think, RTH and "breakdown ?".
Encountering OA in my first test flight with a M2P/Z nearly cost me a crash. To my unprepared eye the drone appeared to not be misbehaving, of course it wasn't misbehaving..... I think lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Point Zero and @Rip
"Bind"ing is not applicable to the m2p. Sadly it is for newer drones that primarily use the FLY app.
Thank goodness you said this because I spent two hours earlier trying every option and menu i could find and in the end I spoke to DJI online support and even they couldn't help lol.

Crazy to think that there was not one video on YT (that I could find) that said this!

If you are selling it with a smart controller remove the flight logs from the controller.
Other than that remove the memory card from the drone, there is nothing else that needs doing or can be done.
It might be polite to run them through the menus but that would only be applicable if it's a face to face meeting.

Oh just thought of something.
I would switch OA off and tell them it is off, also ensure that the failsafe option and emergency motor stop option are set to the defaults of, I think, RTH and "breakdown ?".
Encountering OA in my first test flight with a M2P/Z nearly cost me a crash. To my unprepared eye the drone appeared to not be misbehaving, of course it wasn't.
Great suggestions, I have already done them and I have a list of great tutorial videos that the new owner can watch and learn, including for Resolve, which I found a massive help for turning dlog footage into things of beauty.

Thanks again to all for your advice and knowledge!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Great suggestions, I have already done them and I have a list of great tutorial videos that the new owner can watch and learn, including for Resolve, which I found a massive help for turning dlog footage into things of beauty.

Thanks again to all for your advice and knowledge!
You are welcome.

Reactions: Point Zero
As the title says, I have found a buyer for my M2P and just wanted to ask the experts here what I need to do before handing the drone over? I am about to buy the new M3P and I would like everything to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Cant wait to get my hands on this new M3P!
Unbind it from your Acc so they can sing in to it. It's $800 for the bird batteries charger cables and controller, $1200 with smart controller. Don't expect to get more than a M3. B reasonable, or keep it as a backup if you are a commercial pilot.

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82