DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Financing

sell some of the things that you have to get the money to buy the Drone with.

Mine is most definitely a toy
I've never owned a toy that had to be registered with the FAA.

I've never owned a toy that cost $1000

I've never owned a toy that could kill somebody that was 1 mile away from me.

...but that's just me...

Sorry, I don't consider my $1000 flying digital camera a toy.

So are all <$1K cameras toys...?

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Honestly I'm not sure why some of these guys are criticizing you for your decisions, but it seems like your mind is set.
I am currently financing all of my drones through credit cards and Affirm, and have not been denied however ive had a decent credit line for almost 5 years. I suggest simply doing what Gadgetguy said and use the art of the deal on your parents about setting up the deal of the century and pay them back or pay their monthly statements.
Itsneedtokno brings up a very good point. I quickly learned your final bill comes out to be higher because you WILL want some basic or higher end accessories.

Why the heck you don´t buy a Mavic mini? It´s much less expensive!
MM is great but it is a very small lightweight craft that has seen plenty of issues which many threads have been created. Also it is the only drone along with MA2 that uses that atrocious DJIFlyApp.
It honestly depends on what you want to fly drones for and how.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I share the commonly-held opinion of most of the people here that saving the cash for it and getting it later is the best way to go. Time and cash will give you options. If you can wait and save, you might be able to afford something better, like a Mavic 2 Pro. Also, I get more enjoyment out of stuff when there is no debt hanging over it.

If it is your credit history that you are looking to build up, wait until you're 18 and see about applying for a credit card with your parents as guarantors. Maintain a pattern of paying on time, and that will help you out in the future.

Think kidneys are getting a fair price right now. ?

Here's a thought... I pre-spent my promised Mitch McConnell COVID stimulus check and bought a MA2.

I know the money should be spent to shore-up US interests but instead mine went to China.

The OP hasn't been on since July 5th

• Haha
Reactions: cyeung
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad