DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

find my drone accuracy

Evaniwjz

Reactions
So... last week i just bought mavic mini combo. It all went well until yesterday i fly above a giant river and at 119 m height. suddenly my mavic mini spinning like crazy and descending 4ms out of nowhere. and there is a notification tell that the sensor are error and max power reached. And then the mavic mini fall straight into the water. At that moment i was panicked because i know the drone are 100% submerged. I try to find the drone using find my drone feature. i was happy i can locate the drone. But after 3 hours of try to find the drone i cant locate it until now!! please someone help me are the find my drone gps are accurate? Because my drone disconect with the remote 1-3 second before hitting the water and there is no wind at all it was a calm day. Plus my drone fall straight down so its imposible if the drone are somewhere else. (Sorry my grammar are bad)

This might hopefully help - I managed to find my crashed DJI spark this way.

Firstly, the device you use to control the drone (tablet or phone) will store flight logs. Sign up with Airdata for their free drone log analyser at https://app.airdata.com/ and install the app to your phone / tablet. You can then manually upload your log files, or set to auto upload.

Once you have your data uploaded from your tablet / phone you should see the logs appear in the PC version. Click on the last log and you will see the flight path. Click on the download .kml link at the bottom of the picture.

Open that saved file in Google earth and then you can look at the flight path from all angles, and hopefully get a better idea of where it might have landed.

Bear in mind the drone went into a moving body of water, which will have presumably stopped the drone's operating system and carried the drone down stream as the drone sank. So, whilst the last reported co ordinates maybe accurate,it is possible they no longer represent where the drone may be especially with the drone having been in the river for several days.

please someone help me are the find my drone gps are accurate?
Find my drone can only give the location where the drone was last connected to the app.
If the drone was moving when it lost power, might have fallen some distance from the last recorded location.
Post the .txt file here and someone can help you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98