DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find my drone ?

Goldenmember1000

Reactions
Just an interesting enquire, my drone has gone off to Netherlands for a repair , if I press find my drone on the DJIgo app will it show me if it’s been started up in a different continent when they start fixing it ??? 2 weeks later it still says it’s in my back garden.

Just an interesting enquire, my drone has gone off to Netherlands for a repair , if I press find my drone on the DJIgo app will it show me if it’s been started up in a different continent when they start fixing it ??? 2 weeks later it still says it’s in my back garden.
well, i think this is nonsense... as the drone has no internet connection, cant receive the "find my drone" command, neither answer it...
This is a function that is sent via RC until the connection is live... to find the drone in case of crash...

well, i think this is nonsense... as the drone has no internet connection, cant receive the "find my drone" command, neither answer it...
This is a function that is sent via RC until the connection is live... to find the drone in case of crash...

So when they plug the drone in to access its flight records that does not send its last position ?

No
Find My Drone will/can only show you the last place the drone was when it was connected to the app on your phone/tablet.
It's your app saying where it last saw the drone.
I was always running under the assumption that it was the drone itself that could be tracked as long as it was on? Just like using your tablet to find a lost phone.

Reactions: Goldenmember1000
I was always running under the assumption that it was the drone itself that could be tracked as long as it was on? Just like using your tablet to find a lost phone.
The phone location is approximated by cell tower triangulation (or something similar). The drone sends a signal that only the paired RC can read. In the case of a disconnect, Find my Drone will show the last recorded position. If the drone is still powered on when a connection is reestablished then it should show the current position if it has good GPS reception.

Thanks for replies , it doesn’t matter so much now as it has been returned to store so I shall pick it up tomorrow, interestingly thought I’ve been told there is no charge even though I admitted to flying into a building and dropping to the concrete floor 40 foot below ? It’s in warranty and I don’t have DJI refresh ?! Hooray!!

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde