DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finding drone regulations by county or town

BucsFan64

Reactions
I recently purchased my first drone (Mavic Air 2). We have been to a few different cities/towns here in the United States while traveling on vacation, and I am having a hard time finding current regulations in regards to flying drones. Google searches haven't yielded much. We were in Marco Island a few weeks ago and the beach patrol told my wife drones aren't allowed on the beach and there is a $200 fine. I couldn't find anything online about this .... maybe it is buried in a .PDF file. How do you guys find out the current regulations for the cities/towns you are in?

Google. I live in southern Scottsdale, Arizona. So, the cities I'm primarily looking at are Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Apache Junction, and Paradise Valley. It's a mishmash of varying ordinances, park rules, and whatnot.

Fortunately, there's a *really* good write-up here: Drone Laws in Arizona (2020) - UAV Coach

Reactions: Thomas B
I recently purchased my first drone (Mavic Air 2). We have been to a few different cities/towns here in the United States while traveling on vacation, and I am having a hard time finding current regulations in regards to flying drones. Google searches haven't yielded much. We were in Marco Island a few weeks ago and the beach patrol told my wife drones aren't allowed on the beach and there is a $200 fine. I couldn't find anything online about this .... maybe it is buried in a .PDF file. How do you guys find out the current regulations for the cities/towns you are in?

Unfortunately there is no good central source that can be trusted to be up to date. I typically search the town's website or code of laws. This can be pretty time consuming, because you also need to look at county and state law too. Also, simply googling the town + drone often turns up useful information as well (I often find articles about proposed or passed laws regulating drones in a locality that way).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato