DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finding Lost Mavic mini ... Whats avaible? Bluetooth/Cellular trackers

jeffr40

Reactions
Hi all.. Any thoughts on what could be purchased to track lost Mavic Mini...Being so light is there a product/Tracker you could attach to Mini? And smething that is affordable...
Whats the Marco Polo I heard about?

Reactions: Capt KO
Are you aware of the "find my drone" feature in the app? It has limitations in that it is only as good as the last point were a connection between the controller and the drone existed but it's a good starting point as a tracker and as far as those limitations go

I am considering using a card style tracker such as the Pebblebee wallet card. It is very thin and light. It works via bluetooth with a tracker app on your phone (apple or android). At this point I am not sure how to attach it to the drone as you need to be able to remove it to recharge it every few months. It has a range of 500 feet (line of sight which could be blocked by obstacles). The nice thing about a device like this is that it is independent of the drone power supply so you don't need to worry about being able to connect to the drone with the controller when you are searching for it. If someone has done something like this it would be nice to hear about your experience with it.

I am considering using a card style tracker such as the Pebblebee wallet card. It is very thin and light. It works via bluetooth with a tracker app on your phone (apple or android). At this point I am not sure how to attach it to the drone as you need to be able to remove it to recharge it every few months. It has a range of 500 feet (line of sight which could be blocked by obstacles). The nice thing about a device like this is that it is independent of the drone power supply so you don't need to worry about being able to connect to the drone with the controller when you are searching for it. If someone has done something like this it would be nice to hear about your experience with it.
In real world, you'll probably get 250ft average distance, which isn't much when it comes to flight distance. And that doesn't even account for the altitude increasing the radio distance.
However its being able to continue to transmit even after the AC has failed is attractive. Once you get reasonably close in your search, your app should be able to reaquire the tracker. Just be sure to account for three dimensions rather than just two, since it could be stuck high in a tree or on top of a building.

Firehouse Techologies has a small self powered module which has sound and light functions to assist with finding a drone. See Link

Marco Polo is the best. The unit on the drone is very small (about strobe size) for the Mini. Has over 2 mi range with track shown to your lost drone. Not cheap (mine used $100) but movable between drones or track multiple units. Haven't seen any other trackers as usable. Not a bad idea if staying in this hobby.

Label your drone!

Hello Capt ko,

Where did you mount the unit on your Mavic Mini, top, bottom front / rear?
It also seems worth the investment to me, but I live in Spain and would have to pay the top prize because of the additional shipping costs and sponsoring the tax authorities due to an import tax, so I also have to find out the best option, because in total almost pay as much as the drone in itself, the calculation is not so difficult and I better buy a new one if I lose the Mavic Mini.

Last edited:
Hello Capt ko,

Where did you mount the unit on your Mavic Mini, top, bottom front / rear?
It also seems worth the investment to me, but I live in Spain and would have to pay the top prize because of the additional shipping costs and sponsoring the tax authorities due to an import tax, so I also have to find out the best option, because in total almost pay as much as the drone in itself, the calculation is not so difficult and I better buy a new one if I lose the Mavic Mini.
Underneath but have leg extensions to clear on landings.

Reactions: Jack0202
If you fly in suitable conditions you shouldn't need a tracking device. Avoid flying a Mini in the wind!

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78