DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fine print, almost puts me on fence to cancel

whareable

Reactions
" APAS 3.0 and FocusTrack are not available while recording in 4K at 60, 50, and 48 fps, 2.7K at 60, 50, and 48 fps, and 1080p at 120 and 240 fps. "

(Deleted by moderator) laaaaaaaaame

Last edited by a moderator:
" APAS 3.0 and FocusTrack are not available while recording in 4K at 60, 50, and 48 fps, 2.7K at 60, 50, and 48 fps, and 1080p at 120 and 240 fps. "

wtfs, laaaaaaaaame
I guess can screen record, of using 3.0 or focus track.

whooopdieee dooo, so you cant do slow motion active track, thats pretty much a cancel for me.....

so my ideas of slow motion ATV rides, or guns or any action where I am having the drone follow me, because I dont know anyone else to fly it.....big deal breaker.

if they enabled it thru the firmware, i would purchase but now i cancel.

Reactions: Rbruz
whooopdieee dooo, so you cant do slow motion active track, thats pretty much a cancel for me.....

so my ideas of slow motion ATV rides, or guns or any action where I am having the drone follow me, because I dont know anyone else to fly it.....big deal breaker.

if they enabled it thru the firmware, i would purchase but now i cancel.

I'm not following.....can you not slow down video in post??

Reactions: Thomas B
MA2 Still worth $800.

My bet is they release a newer more expensive Phantom 5 or something in the Fall with the slow motion included into Apas and track me mode....Thats DJIs market plan, they hook you on a smaller prototype and then they build a more expensive redefined version. It happened with the Mavic Pro 1, to the Phantom 4. Master the track me mode on a smaller platform and then move it over to a more expensive build.

My bet is they release a newer more expensive Phantom 5 or something in the Fall with the slow motion included into Apas and track me mode....Thats DJIs market plan, they hook you on a smaller prototype and then they build a more expensive redefined version. It happened with the Mavic Pro 1, to the Phantom 4. Master the track me mode on a smaller platform and then move it over to a more expensive build.
Pretty sure they've totally retired the whole phantom line...

yah but its not real slow motion if it was originally recorded at 30fps or whatever, nothing even close to video editing in post...... I thought you guys would be smarter about cameras and editing here at this forum

Not me....I’m as dumb as they come about cameras and editing. That’s why I’m always surprised to find someone even dumber than me.

Reactions: GarthH
yah just can you can do it, does not mean you should do it. Its like editing a jpeg, better to start with a raw, same with video...

If this is your intended use then take a look at the Skydio 2. It shoots 4k/60 while in follow me and you don't have to lug around a controller and phone.

In all likelihood these capabilities aren't available due to insufficient processing power and/or algorithms can't handle the higher frame rates..

If this is your intended use then take a look at the Skydio 2. It shoots 4k/60 while in follow me and you don't have to lug around a controller and phone.

In all likelihood these capabilities aren't available due to insufficient processing power and/or algorithms can't handle the higher frame rates..

no slow mo track, not really interested...

they probably cheaped out on the processor again, when you're looking for that sort of grunt your options are basically Nvidia or Qualcomm as they've used in the skydio.

I want a drone that follows me like a duckling and avoids collisions like a dragonfly and is as silent as an owl. It has to shoot raw 8K video at 180fps (minimum). accurately track my motorcycle at 85mph through a mountainous old-growth forest in freezing rain, and take evasive action if a bird approaches. It must tolerate extremely low-level flights over molten magma, and easily handle hurricane force winds with five pounds of cargo. It must have a flight time of at least 45 minutes (preferably longer) using AA batteries.

Is that asking so much? It's not like I want it to follow me off the boat and underwater when I'm SCUBA diving; that would be crazy!

I want a drone that follows me like a duckling and avoids collisions like a dragonfly and is as silent as an owl. It has to shoot raw 8K video at 180fps (minimum). accurately track my motorcycle at 85mph through a mountainous old-growth forest in freezing rain, and take evasive action if a bird approaches. It must tolerate extremely low-level flights over molten magma, and easily handle hurricane force winds with five pounds of cargo. It must have a flight time of at least 45 minutes (preferably longer) using AA batteries.

Is that asking so much? It's not like I want it to follow me off the boat and underwater when I'm SCUBA diving; that would be crazy!

Sounds like you are waiting for the Mavic 36 Pro ?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar