DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FINGER LAKES FLYING

mrnavy2

Reactions
I will be traveling to the Finger Lakes area this week, Keuka Park to be exact. Just wondering if anyone has flown up there in that area and where? I am flying a MAVIC MINI for Recreation. Thank you, Steve.

We were up that way about a month ago. I did not even attempt to fly in any of the state park areas. When visiting local wineries, I always ask the manager if it was ok to fly on the winery property. This way I figure I am not going to hear about it after the fact. I was always given verbal permission to fly. The wineries that we visited were always cooperative and I got some nice footage of the lake and winery and surrounding areas.

Reactions: Erk469
I will be traveling to the Finger Lakes area this week, Keuka Park to be exact. Just wondering if anyone has flown up there in that area and where? I am flying a MAVIC MINI for Recreation. Thank you, Steve.

Hi Steve. I spend some time on Keuka and have seen over the years more and more float planes. One lives down by the park, same shore, another takes pay for rides from the west shore further down and there is a third that comes out to play with them sometimes. Not sure if they are each marked as "airports", I doubt it. Best to be aware and better to avoid.

As for where to go I've given it some thought as I'll be there starting the 23rd with my Air2!! A sunset ride down Skyline Drive all the way to the end should offer some nice views I'm thinking.

Reactions: mrnavy2
Just avoid taking off or landing in any state parks.

Reactions: mrnavy2
I used to live up there. Alot of good places to fly but stay away from the Fort Drum and Watertown area. Restrictions in those areas.

What drone are you ---- you must get some amazing range seeing thats about 150miles from Keuka Park

I used to live up there. Alot of good places to fly but stay away from the Fort Drum and Watertown area. Restrictions in those areas.

FYI - You cannot take off or land in any State Parks. You should be able to capture amazing Sunset / sunrise photos, Lake Phots, Vineyard shots. The Seneca Army Depot on Seneca Lake has White Deer - you should check flying regulations - it's an old Army Depot.
I have the Mavic Mini

I was just giving you a hard time - being Keuka Park is 150 miles from Drum - which would be some amazing range and battery life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60