DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse strobe

360 Guy

Reactions
I just purchased a "Firehouse" white strobe for my Mini.
To me, this is well worth the monies spent on a strobe.
The strobe has a 1000 Lumen output and I mean she is bright, bright. (4 leds)
Has three settings for flash, all super bright.
I am not affiliated with the Firehouse company in any way, just my opinion about the strobe.
I highly recommend this strobe to all pilots.
BTW, did I mention that this strobe is SUPER BRIGHT?

o7 Panz

ARCII ?
Yes, my favourite strobe.
Have them in white, red, green, and a red/white combo one.

I tend to use white most times, usually on the back of my M1P (velcro).
Yep. Makes VLOS a bit easier. I use red/green for early morning or late evening to dark. As far as people shooting, I avoid those areas as much as possible. Common sense usually is worth considering

Possible dumb question / comment
Are these mostly for dusk/ darker flying?

I’m older and also newer to flying. I frequently lose sight of my crafts, even if I look down at my screen for a second
(Mini2, spark...and even my mavic pro)

mostly nice weather day flying
Mike

I just purchased a "Firehouse" white strobe for my Mini.
To me, this is well worth the monies spent on a strobe.
The strobe has a 1000 Lumen output and I mean she is bright, bright. (4 leds)
Has three settings for flash, all super bright.
I am not affiliated with the Firehouse company in any way, just my opinion about the strobe.
I highly recommend this strobe to all pilots.
BTW, did I mention that this strobe is SUPER BRIGHT?

o7 Panz
Agreed.Just got the 5 strobe version.Really hurts my eyes when I turn it on sometimes even in daylight.

Reactions: Thomas B

I’m older and also newer to flying. I frequently lose sight of my crafts, even if I look down at my screen for a second
Not really a dumb question...and the strobes do make it easier to spot your drone even during the day. I don't really fly at night, and I don't use it all the time during the day...but when I do use it, it really helps.

Is this light small enough to attach to the bottom of a MA2 without interfering with any sensors? Like @MikeyST1957 I sometimes lose my VLOS during the day just by glancing down at my screen. I envision putting the strobe on top of my drone if I fly at night or during twilight and attaching it to the bottom for daylight flight.

Mike
Hi Mikey, not a dumb question at all. I can have perfect VLOS until I look down for that second, then "lose" my bird when I look back up, even if it hasn't moved. Firehouse strobes (white) have made it easy to instantly re-spot the aircraft and establish VLOS quickly. I put my strobes on top and bottom since I fly a lot of canyons and often look down on my Air.

Is this light small enough to attach to the bottom of a MA2 without interfering with any sensors?
Absolutely (if you get the smaller one). I don't even have one on top of the drone (can't see up there anyway).

So bright, don't look into it, it will literally blind you for several seconds, and its not funny :p

Mike
The strobe transformed the visibility of my Mini-2 for daytime flying. At least, against the background of the other side of the canyon.

The strobe increased my comfortable VLOS range from 800 ft to 1000 ft. Foe me, that was a huge improvement.

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: projectarjun
Is this light small enough to attach to the bottom of a MA2 without interfering with any sensors? Like @MikeyST1957 I sometimes lose my VLOS during the day just by glancing down at my screen. I envision putting the strobe on top of my drone if I fly at night or during twilight and attaching it to the bottom for daylight flight.
Putting the strobe on top is worthless during the day, but might work fine at night. I haven't flown at night yet.

TCS

Reactions: projectarjun
IDEA: Get 2 long pieces of thin balsa rods and attach 1 to the back legs of the drone and attach the other to the front legs. Then you have two very long horizontal spires of wood you can attach your colored drone lights to. Because the length of the rods is so long, the pilot will be able to see the lights and separation of the lights. Instead of seeing one blob of multicolored lights at 1500 ft, the pilot will see separated lights and then so, will be able to discern the orientation of the drone at a significantly greater distance. The long rods of balsa wood are so light, they wouldn't really affect flight time.

Side benefit - if your power goes out, the Arc lights are great for lighting up a room. I used it for that purpose last month - switched it to the non-strobe setting and it gave us a good 3 hours of super-bright lighting, far brighter than any of our flashlights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54