DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fireworks!

dannybgoode

Reactions
I have never tried to shoot fireworks before either terrestrially or otherwise but there is a rather good local display to me and given it's location I was able to plot a route so as to stay within 'the code'. Note also the display is actually at the city's policy social club so I would not have risked their attention!

Quite pleased with how they turned out...Firework3.jpgFirework1.jpgFirework2.jpg

In the code. 150m from a built up area :).

The photos are quite heavily cropped and I was around 300m from the actual display.
150m away but you have to keep your altitude below 120m. The exif data indicates you were slightly above that.

150m away but you have to keep your altitude below 120m. The exif data indicates you were slightly above that.

I had max altitude set to 120m on the app and took these at 110m accordingly to the app.

The ground does slope down from where I was so I guess I could have miscalculated. I try and be careful about such things :)

Out of interest where does it show exif data in the images. Be useful to know

Out of interest where does it show exif data in the images. Be useful to know
I opened it up in preview. Obviously that altitude is above sea level but it's easy enough to find the ground altitude of any given point.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 09.15.14.png

And I also try to be careful about such things... but regularly fail. :D

I opened it up in preview. Obviously that altitude is above sea level but it's easy enough to find the ground altitude of any given point.

View attachment 84780

Thank you. I’ve not seen that before - that’s useful. Still at least my friend who is a cooper has ‘liked’ the photo :D

View attachment 84780

Well that was interesting! ? Self incriminating off an innocent share! Maybe re-filming the video using a screen recorder might be wise, before publishing anything these days. I’m guessing that exif data in the lounge won’t land you in jail! ?

I had max altitude set to 120m on the app and took these at 110m accordingly to the app.

Just wanted to ask, are you blokes there allowed to fly at night ?
I have a little itch in the back of my head that says I may have read somewhere that you might be able to, not sure if licensed or rec pilots etc.

We aren't old enough or responsible enough to be allowed to fly at night in Australia yet. ? ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore