DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware 01.04.0200

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
I have roughly 5 hours flight time and 35 or so flights. Just gotten to point where I average 7-12 minutes per flight. Had some of the normal beginner mishaps and learning a s**tload from you guys. I have read a lot of moaning and comments on latest versions and some good stuff as well. Part of me is tempted to go with .." If it ain't broke" approach but thought I would reach out and get some educating on the topic. This is the version my system wants me to update to. Thoughts?

Reactions: whiskey_throttle
I have roughly 5 hours flight time and 35 or so flights. Just gotten to point where I average 7-12 minutes per flight. Had some of the normal beginner mishaps and learning a s**tload from you guys. I have read a lot of moaning and comments on latest versions and some good stuff as well. Part of me is tempted to go with .." If it ain't broke" approach but thought I would reach out and get some educating on the topic. This is the version my system wants me to update to. Thoughts?
Im a firm believer of the "If it ain't broke" approach however I'm tempted by the reports of better live view colour on DLog profile.

I'm going to hold out a bit and make sure there is a way back.

I had problems the first day with the new FW and went back to the previous FW version and have had no issues since

Dji go 4 App 4.2.4
Fw 01.04.0000
IOS 11.2.5
iPad mini 4 128Gb

No issues, no problem flying or with camera or video live feed. Only notification is that there is a firmware update available on start up when connected to wifi. It doesn't stop me flying or restricting flight in any way.

App 4.1.20
FW 01.03.1000
iOS v11.1 (15B93)

Dynamic Home Point would be nice -- but not enough for me to take a chance on mucking up my system
You will have dynamic homepoint as that is the position of the AC. If you have no gps in your device then you are going to miss out on HP me.

What if you dont install this update, will that some how void your warrantee, or in some way jeopardize your DJI care ?

I updated and have zero issues, the changes are minimal at best and nothing worth doing it so if your uncomfortable don’t

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986