DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware .800 Flight restrictions

Its all in this thread. Reverting to .0400 firmware is the hardest part. Getting older versions of the App is explained later down in the thread.

I created a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 400
Rob

Hello Rob,

Since I have had the Mavic I have always had an Android device but I ran across a good deal on a iPad mini 4 so I purchased the iPad mini 4 a couple weeks ago. I have the latest GO4 app loaded from their apple app store. I know for Android apps you can go to apkmirror. Apple is in a different solar system (hahaha). Just wandering is there a way to downgrade the app for iPad and if so, how and where?

BTW, I am still running .400 firmware with no issues so far.

Thanks
Ramjet-1

So I just downloaded the new GO 4 update (4.1.2), hoping maybe it included a fix for my problem. No such luck. Also, apparently they have now completely eliminated the button that turned off the GEO system, although it didn't seem to do anything since the last update anyway...

Good news, I tried unlocking the yellow zone I live in again this morning and it unlocked! DJI must have adjusted something on their end. I had sent them an email with the info last week. I'm not having any other problems with 800 at this point.

Good news, I tried unlocking the yellow zone I live in again this morning and it unlocked! DJI must have adjusted something on their end. I had sent them an email with the info last week. I'm not having any other problems with 800 at this point.
That's great!

While it would be nice if they could turn this around a bit faster (say, 24 hours), it's very encouraging that they are indeed working to fix these problems.

This should be the signal to everyone to make sure they contact [email protected] first with their NFZ issue before coming here to biotch and moan.

That's great!

While it would be nice if they could turn this around a bit faster (say, 24 hours), it's very encouraging that they are indeed working to fix these problems.

This should be the signal to everyone to make sure they contact [email protected] first with their NFZ issue before coming here to biotch and moan.

Agreed. It was actually only a couple days if you don't count the weekend. Can't complain about that.

Hello Rob,

Since I have had the Mavic I have always had an Android device but I ran across a good deal on a iPad mini 4 so I purchased the iPad mini 4 a couple weeks ago. I have the latest GO4 app loaded from their apple app store. I know for Android apps you can go to apkmirror. Apple is in a different solar system (hahaha). Just wandering is there a way to downgrade the app for iPad and if so, how and where?

BTW, I am still running .400 firmware with no issues so far.

Thanks
Ramjet-1

Yes RamJet there is a fairly simple way to do it but the instructions are located in the long VMWare thread.

When I did i, I did it the hard way but someone found some software that makes it simple.

Rob

He is talking about the DJI GO 4 app is that in that thread as well?

Yes it is but its buried in there. Maybe somebody can post the post number.

Rob

Yes it is but its buried in there. Maybe somebody can post the post number.

Rob
I will scroll through i tried the Charles proxy way but that no longer works as ver 3.6 is gone and ver 12 itunes does not work with the new range of iphones

Yes RamJet there is a fairly simple way to do it but the instructions are located in the long VMWare thread.

When I did i, I did it the hard way but someone found some software that makes it simple.

Rob

I had seen that thread a week or so ago but I assumed it was for the firmware .400 only. I am still running .400 on the AC and will be until possibly the end. Thanks for the come back Rob. When I have the time, I will attempt to find the downgrade process for the app on iPad. More research...

UPDATE 1: I found this on UTube.

Note.... I did read in the comments that this must be done on your PC and then sync to your apple phone/iPad device using iTunes on your PC. You must have an older version of iTunes for this to work on your PC in conjunction with Charles trial software which is the main player for editing the version to be loaded. I will try this when I get home from work today. If it is a success, I think I will post a new thread with this info. With the tropical weather rolling in its to wet to play outside.

UPDATE 2: Using Charles Proxy ver. 3.11.7 windows 64 and iTunes ver.12.3.1

I attempted this using the instructions on the video.... several times with no success. I remembered that there was another video that I had reviewed for the same objective but the step by step process was twice as long. I reviewed the 2nd video and wrote down the steps to complete. Well, this worked and I was successful in downgrading to DJI GO4 ver.4.0.1 for iOS.
I will post in a new thread since this is a different subject for discussion.

To wet to fly in lower Alabama... due to tropical storm Cindy!!

Last edited:
Downgraded to 700 (mavic and RC) running. 4.07 app. Nfz prompt upon a new geographic area still exists, however! You can fly without distance/height limits!! Even if you hit (temporary ignore)

On the down side the video feed quality is not as sharp as it used to be, but I can now fly in remote areas without web connection, without limits with 800 that wasn't possible

Just wondering, did you experience the problem first hand where you weren't able to fly (without restrictions) in remote areas without web connection? Or is that statement just based on what you heard other people say / speculate on? Not trying to be obnoxious - it's just that I almost always fly my Mavic in remote areas with no internet, so this issue is of particular importance to me, and I want to make sure I'm basing my decision on fact and not speculation.

Hi all! Since I'm still relatively new to the MP I've not really looked into firmware updates and the like. I THINK I'm running version 01.03.0.400 as that's what it says (or something very similar) in the 'about' section of the app.
And my DJI Go 4 Android recently updated to version: 4.1.2. Hurrah! My camera zoom function has suddenly started working!

My MP prompted me to do a fw update on only its 2nd switch on. However the update failed to finish as the Android app can be prone to crashing from time to time. I reckon I'd be safer doing any future updates using a PC and DJIs software?

In fact, I'm not entirely sure how to initiate a fw update from the app anyway?! Could somebody fill me in?

Is anybody running the new .800 fw in the UK without any noticeable problems?
From what I gather, as long as I'm logged into the app (online/offline, it makes no difference) I'm good to fly unrestricted, apart from red NFZs? Have I got that right?

Just wondering, did you experience the problem first hand where you weren't able to fly (without restrictions) in remote areas without web connection? Or is that statement just based on what you heard other people say / speculate on? Not trying to be obnoxious - it's just that I almost always fly my Mavic in remote areas with no internet, so this issue is of particular importance to me, and I want to make sure I'm basing my decision on fact and not speculation.

I have experienced it every time I was in a different area, with and without web connection, the prompt presented itself and it had to be dealt with.

Now on 700 and app on 4.07 no problem.
However the 4.07 has bad video transmission, glitchi video feedback.... Gonna experiment with higher app versions and lower for thst matter and see what happens

I have experienced it every time I was in a different area, with and without web connection, the prompt presented itself and it had to be dealt with.

Now on 700 and app on 4.07 no problem.
However the 4.07 has bad video transmission, glitchi video feedback.... Gonna experiment with higher app versions and lower for thst matter and see what happens

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with newer/older versions of Go. Like you, I'm on .700 combined with 4.07 which is pretty sweet. However, I'm also having inferior video feed (range seems ok, but it's definitely not as smooth on Go 4.07, but Litchi is smooth as silk). Could you let us know how you get on?

I had to upgrade/Refresh firmware with each battery installed. I always refresh anyway with each battery but this time had a pop up window that said incompatible module firmware, update
Confirm or cancel
If your mavic is on older firmware and is no longer available on the DJI app or assistant 2 and you get a new battery. Installing the new battery prompts you there is a firmware mismatch, will updating the battery cause your mavic to install the latest firmware?

No it Will not, but to be safe turn off wifi

I just did a [emoji367] last week I'm on .400

What must DJI be thinking about all this?

No doubt they are monitoring this board.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair