DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware best choice

gdlmus

Reactions
Hi,
For one that can choose any FW for his MP or MPP...

What would be the best FW choice...?
What kind of scrambled eggs (mix) should be chosen.?
Add mods, delete mods.... etc.???

Thanks, regards.

-= Guy =-

The best firmware is the version that does everything you need it to.

I'm running the current firmware version. I found that's the best for me.

The best firmware is the version that does everything you need it to.

...and still provides freedom of rolling back to any other version if you change your mind. A new Mavic owner in 99.9% cases has no idea about limitations and may later regret updating to "latest and greatest".

A new Mavic owner in 99.9% cases has no idea about limitations and may later regret updating to "latest and greatest".
Unless your Mavic is going to be the last DJI drone you ever fly, it likely won't matter. Whatever things are in the current firmware right now, are likely going to be included in all DJI aircraft in the future.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Unless your Mavic is going to be the last DJI drone you ever fly, it likely won't matter. Whatever things are in the current firmware right now, are likely going to be included in all DJI aircraft in the future.

Yes, it looks this way. And if it's the case in new DJI drones, Mavic indeed will be my last DJI drone. Since I mostly fly in mountaneous areas, ability to fly at altitudes higher than 500m above takeoff is a must.

Like I've said elsewhere, if it works, has the latest features & previous features, why would you want to go back?
It works for me & all the features I want work, so I don't care that I can't go back

Like I've said elsewhere, if it works, has the latest features & previous features, why would you want to go back?
It works for me & all the features I want work, so I don't care that I can't go back

Some things can be not so obvious, for example, I was happy with .700 + .0000-, but several days later found out that RTH lost its precision. So I actually went up and down in FW many times to locate the configuration that would satisfy me. If at some point the option to go down was blocked, I'd regret that. We don't know what we don't know, so better err on a safer side.

So, to be sure I understand, if I want to remove height & distance restrictions, increase performance, remove NFZ's and get the improved camera quality, I would need to flash 1.03.0700, then flash 1.04.0000 without modules 305, 306 and 905? I just downgraded from 1.04.0000 to 1.03.0700 and am waiting for confirmation.

Then what version(s) of DJI Go do I need to run on an iPad Mini 2 or Samsung Tab A 7" to block updates, DroneID and NFZ's?

...and still provides freedom of rolling back to any other version if you change your mind. A new Mavic owner in 99.9% cases has no idea about limitations and may later regret updating to "latest and greatest".

File me under that one. Hence why the wife and I spent two hours tracking down a replacement yesterday.

In general, 01.03.0400 didn’t work well in general with the new DJI GO 4 App. Video was laggy. Some parts of the new app weren’t even compatible with this old firmware. .0400 was just too old.

I updated to .0900 (the last version that you can remove the altitude limit) and it was released long ago enough that DJI hadn’t started making the Mavic worse in order to drive more sales of their new drones.

Works fine with the app now. I can’t do a range test just yet because it’s raining and gonnna be raining non stop for another week. Vancouver, I love you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming