DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware: Mavic Battery Charging Hub

Jwelz

Reactions
After a total failure updating firmware on the drone and controller using the DJI GO 4 app yesterday, I installed the DJI Assistant 2 software on my PC and finally got an upgrade to the current firmware. I then tried to update the firmware on the hub. The manual for the hub says to get the latest firmware update program from the DJI website at www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads. I searched the page for download apps and as there was none, I thought to try the Assistant 2 software.

The manual says to turn on the hub and then connect it to the PC with DJI Assistant 2 running. There is no way to turn on the hub so I plugged it into the PC and a light on the hub comes on. The PC installs some USB device driver and I launch the Assistant 2 but it sits there. I reboot the PC and try again. I restart the Assistant 2 and try a couple times with the USB connected both before and after launching Assistant 2. Then I plug the hub into power and try the Assistant 2 before and after plugging in the hub. The only info on the Assistant 2 software is a link on how to connect an Inspire 2. Then I try the process over again with a charged battery connected to the hub.

Then I search youtube for help and there is a video on updating firmware on a Phantom 3 hub which shows that one downloads a standalone program other than the Assistant 2 to update that hub and there is also no way to turn on that hub.

I've determined that my additional batteries require firmware updates and it seems the charging hub does not manage this.

Where is there reasonable accurate information about the current firmware version of the hub and information about querying the currently installed version? The Phantom 3 hub doesn't seem to require powering on, so is the instruction to power on the Mavic hub correct, and if so, how does one power it on? Presumably there is no firmware update yet required for the Mavic hub but there is no way of determining whether that is in fact the case.

I've determined that my additional batteries require firmware updates and it seems the charging hub does not manage this.
For extra batteries, battery firmware updates can only be installed from DJI GO.

Presumably there is no firmware update yet required for the Mavic hub but there is no way of determining whether that is in fact the case.
No firmware updates have been released yet. If DJI decides to release any, they will be posted on the Mavic downloads page.

Your link goes to the same page I checked for downloads, manuals and updates for the hub. Hopefully it will include instructions that provide details on powering on the hub as well if and when there are updates. The DJI Assistant 2 release notes aren't particularly helpful as they refer to generic Mavic firmware and don't mention the Mavic Pro Drone and it apparently updates the batteries, drone and controller so they left me wondering and uninformed. I don't quite understand why a multi device multi platform firmware management application would not expressly state what it does and doesn't update. I never did go looking for a controller firmware updater or a battery firmware updater.

Thus there is no means of querying the installed version.

Reactions: Edurusso
I have the same issue - Installed DJI Assistant 2. Plug in the charging hub on my Mac. Nothing shows up in DJI Assitant 2.

I mean, at least it should show the charging hub is connected - even there is no new firmware available. But I don't see anything connected.

The charging hub cannot be updated using the DJI Assistant 2 app. As I noted above, DJI will post the app to update the charging hub when/if a firmware update is released.

The charging hub cannot be updated using the DJI Assistant 2 app. As I noted above, DJI will post the app to update the charging hub when/if a firmware update is released.

When updating the firmware through the DJI Assistant 2 app with three additional batteries, wouldn't you need to run the firmware update again with each battery?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

If a battery needs to be updated, you'll see a prompt in DJI GO like this.

If a battery needs to be updated, you'll see a prompt in DJI GO like this.

Got it, thanks for the video. However if and when there is a battery firmware update you would need to complete the update on the Mavic Pro 3 additional times for 3 batteries correct?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes, you must install the firmware on each battery separately. The only exception is the battery used to update the Mavic's firmware. That battery's firmware will be automatically updated at the same time if needed.

I have confirmed something with my technical support ticket on this issue. Most notably that they lack communication skills. Email response after 5 clarifications of what U was seeking and never an answer about how to turn on the hub before connecting to a computer....

Thank you for your response.

About the firmware update of the charging hub, if there will no prompt notification for the firmware update for the hub you don't have to update it because there is no new firmware update.

Please feel free to email us if you have any clarifications.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Florence

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird