DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update broke battery?

rossmoney

Reactions
Just ran my first firmware update a few minutes ago and it kept failing and I couldn’t figure it out until i couldn’t turn off the drone.
I did the classic tap once let go then hold and it didn’t respond. Removed the battery and nothing changed.. the battery hasn’t changed from what is pictured until the battery completely died.

I plugged the battery into the drone and it would instantly turn on the drone, the drone doesn’t recognize the battery at all, it can’t see levels, it can’t recognize the contents of the battery.

So i used my fly more kit’s battery to usb converter to drain the battery.
It finally died and when I plugged it back in the lights spun around the circle for about a minute then went right back to what is pictured.
Any other resets I’m missing? IMG_0972.JPG

If your problems started after a firmware update, it sounds like the battery firmware also needs to be updated. Are you using a computer and not your phone to perform the updates?

EDIT: I am probably wrong about my suggestion above since you cannot even get the battery to charge. For the MP, if the battery firmware needs updating Go 4 will let you know. Before that can happen you need a charged battery.

Perhaps @Thunderdrones would have some insight on your problem.

Thanks for the reply!
I am attempting to update the firmware via my phone.
Whenever I plug the battery into the drone, it recognizes a firmware inconsistency, but it fails each time I attempt to update... likely because the only way the battery can power down is if it runs completely out of juice.

When I go to charge it it instantly jumps to 2/4 bars of charge and will not go below or beyond that.

Use a computer and Assistant 2 to update firmware. Folks seem to have fewer problems that way.

Reactions: Turn11
These 2 LEDs light that way while the battery firmware is being updated. It looks like you unplugged it while it was updating, and it's now dead as a result.

These 2 LEDs light that way while the battery firmware is being updated. It looks like you unplugged it while it was updating, and it's now dead as a result.
Thanks for the reply!
Didn’t unplug it during update.
Phone, remote, and drone batteries were all full before I started the update

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52