DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update changed no fly zones?

I will do the same promptly this evening when I'll come back home.

I saw this post from Drone Master and it works :
With Go 4 all you have to do is have everything turned on and tap and hold the option button in the upper right screen for 3 seconds and it will bring up the downgrade screen. Select the last version to downgrade.

is this an easter egg from the DjiGo4 ? never seen this info elsewhere, it is brillant !
Can you take pic of option button I am not sure what you mean

I found the button and clicked on the 400 but the start button disappeared so I used the pc and all is good now. You do have to remember to go back in and reduce all your settings like RTH altitude and multi flight options

Did I read an earlier post correctly...
Is there a place on the DJI site where you can enter your address and can find out if your in a NFZ?
Could someone post a link if true?
Scanned around but couldn't find anything.

Reactions: Daniel3257
When I did my upgrade it came as two parts, the gimbal issue was installed and is much smoother now, I was offered the option to "ignore" the NFZ upgrade and did just that without issue.

Reactions: ErikDF
When I did my upgrade it came as two parts, the gimbal issue was installed and is much smoother now, I was offered the option to "ignore" the NFZ upgrade and did just that without issue.

Well that's fancy. Tell us how you did it.

I did not get any screen shots, but I did get a popup asking me did I want to "ignore" the update, and did. No issues, Class E airspace and small "no tower" airport 4 miles away. Edit: I should add I am on Samsung S6 and can choose what updates are installed on the phone.

Last edited:
I did not get any screen shots, but I did get a popup asking me did I want to "ignore" the update, and did. No issues, Class E airspace and small "no tower" airport 4 miles away. Edit: I should add I am on Samsung S6 and can choose what updates are installed on the phone.

same here iOS 7s had the same pop up, and still do every time i hook up. i have never had geo turned on so i just hit ignore and fly. Geo is turned off on both mine and has been since day one..

Cant you just turn off the auto updated NFZ in the settings app? It defaults to the old NFZ, wouldn't that help?

This is a setting I see under settings > second icon down under the drone (wifi like). It only shows up when my drone is connected though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom