DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update... Did you?

whitlow

Reactions
So it looks like they want me to update the firmware before flying. But isn't it for e the Magic 3? Who has updated who hasn't?
Thanks

If you connect your mavic air 2s and it shows a firmware update, then it means that there is a firmware available for your drone too, not only for the mavic 3. Don't confuse app updates with firmware updates, both of them should be done.

I have the M3— aircraft firmware is v01.00.0400, and the remote controller should be updated to v04.13.0400. Did I update? Always (I know the pros and cons of waiting to update, but I never wait and have never regretted it … maybe I’m lucky 😅) Enjoy safe and happy flying!

If you connect your mavic air 2s and it shows a firmware update, then it means that there is a firmware available for your drone too, not only for the mavic 3. Don't confuse app updates with firmware updates, both of them should be done.
I just upgraded my air 2 a few days ago to version 1.5.4,and the firmware.turned on my tablet today and it told me
that another update is available.I have not done anything yet with the new update.

Always fun to read some of the posts of people that do updates then find out they should have waited because of some bonus feature that DJI added in to the mix that they truly could have done without.
Possibly should read
”both of them should be done upon completion of research”

I have updated the latest firmware (driving a MA2) and all seems fine. I learnt from pals on this Forum that if you have more than one battery you need to stick each one on the craft and complete the firmware update. Apparently the batteries get updates too. Suspect dji want to ensure we are all aware of the M3 which is why the info on the update leads with their most recent launch and doesn’t really give any info on earlier models that might be covered within the update. I could have this wrong though so will see if anyone corrects me.

I have updated the latest firmware (driving a MA2) and all seems fine. I learnt from pals on this Forum that if you have more than one battery you need to stick each one on the craft and complete the firmware update. Apparently the batteries get updates too. Suspect dji want to ensure we are all aware of the M3 which is why the info on the update leads with their most recent launch and doesn’t really give any info on earlier models that might be covered within the update. I could have this wrong though so will see if anyone corrects me.
That's right, but not every firmware update has a battery update, only some of them do.

That's right, but not every firmware update has a battery update, only some of them do.
My first post.
Question then. Is there a way to know? I have always just done the updates as they come on my Mavic Pro 2 but never realized there would be times I need to insert the extra batteries an update separately. Maybe the update will tell you when you need to do this? In my case I sold the Mavic Pro 2 and upgraded so I know I will need to update the Mavic 3 for sure. Thanks

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
On the app, the the message may read”inconsistent firmware”.
I’ve always taken that to mean a battery update.

Battery updates are indicated by "Firmware avalable" messages, in my case indistinguishable from full updates. If I get a message within a day of updating, it usually means I missed a battery. Only some updates change Battery firmware, but when they do, you will get notification of Firmware available every time you pop in a battery not up to current levels.

Fortunately these usually take only a minute or 2, and the code is already downloaded and staged (meaning you can complete the battery update in the field)

Be happy it's not an Autel, which makes you run the entire Firmware update, in full for each battery. You can boost the time it takes by putting the code on SD card, running it, changing batteries, erasing the text file that says complete, staging the FW to the card again and repeat. 4x in my case for 5 batteries. And this is the fast way. Doing it wirelessly takes 20+ minutes. So I don't want to hear complaints, LOL!!

I'm afraid I took the easy way.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've probably missed some of the special features along the way but haven't gotten any of the bugs either. I don't fly professionally and probably don't use most of what is available but I still love the flying and photography that is available, albeit ancient.

Reactions: koonley
Battery updates are indicated by "Firmware avalable" messages, in my case indistinguishable from full updates. If I get a message within a day of updating, it usually means I missed a battery. Only some updates change Battery firmware, but when they do, you will get notification of Firmware available every time you pop in a battery not up to current levels.

Fortunately these usually take only a minute or 2, and the code is already downloaded and staged (meaning you can complete the battery update in the field)

Be happy it's not an Autel, which makes you run the entire Firmware update, in full for each battery. You can boost the time it takes by putting the code on SD card, running it, changing batteries, erasing the text file that says complete, staging the FW to the card again and repeat. 4x in my case for 5 batteries. And this is the fast way. Doing it wirelessly takes 20+ minutes. So I don't want to hear complaints, LOL!!
Agree with this 100%. Every time I popped a different battery on the craft (after I had done the main update), it said New Firmware Available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet