DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update outside the USA

Lazerw

Reactions
Hello to all,
I bought a Mavic Air 2 in the United States. I was living full time in Florida last year. My job requires me to travel abroad and I bring my MA2 whenever I travel. I want to install the latest firmware update, but I have read that I will loose some features (AirSense, ADS-B and range) if this is done outside the USA.
Is it possible to install the new firmware through the DJI assistant 2 on a computer connected to a VPN so that I will not loose any of the features that my drone has?

I could wait, but I won´t be back in the USA until September.

Thank you

Thank you PhilliusFoggg. As of late the tracking feature has been acting intermittently. But I think the cruise control and the new attitude indicator are nice features.

I want to install the latest firmware update, but I have read that I will loose some features (AirSense, ADS-B and range) if this is done outside the USA.
The issue is not the country you updated in.
It's what country is the drone used in.
The firmware is the same and it identifies where you are using the drone and applies DJI's settings for that region.

Fair enough. I most admit I like the attitude indicator of fly 1.2...... myself but the loss of readable flight logs from my MM means they came off the phone ( I didn't update firmware) and I am back on 1.6 or 1.9 depending on which phone I use.

Hello to all,
I bought a Mavic Air 2 in the United States. I was living full time in Florida last year. My job requires me to travel abroad and I bring my MA2 whenever I travel. I want to install the latest firmware update, but I have read that I will loose some features (AirSense, ADS-B and range) if this is done outside the USA.
Is it possible to install the new firmware through the DJI assistant 2 on a computer connected to a VPN so that I will not loose any of the features that my drone has?

I could wait, but I won´t be back in the USA until September.

Thank you
I'm pretty sure it doesn't really matter, once you power on the Drone and it obtains GPS, it will know to turn you to CE power and the ADS-B will be turned off as well. Where you get the firmware won't matter as it is all the same firmware. I would like to be proven wrong, but that is how DJI drones have worked in the past. ;)

Reactions: dawgpilot
Wow, lot of responses, thank you! What I heard (on a youtube channel) was installing doing the update in a country other than the USA will deactivate the ADS-B permanently, which is a useful feature when flying in the States. I was thinking about doing this indoors and putting the drone in RFID bag I have so that it will not acquire any satellites, but I guess it is a little too complicated and at risk of "loosing" that feature. May be I´ll wait.

Have any of you had issues with the tracking? It keeps loosing the subject (a motorcycle.) Different subject.

Reactions: PASDIRECTOR
Have any of you had issues with the tracking? It keeps loosing the subject (a motorcycle.) Different subject.
The Active Track algorithms are geared towards people and cars, anything other than that seems to be hit and miss whether or not it tracks correctly.

Reactions: PASDIRECTOR
Wow, lot of responses, thank you! What I heard (on a youtube channel) was installing doing the update in a country other than the USA will deactivate the ADS-B permanently, which is a useful feature when flying in the States. I was thinking about doing this indoors and putting the drone in RFID bag I have so that it will not acquire any satellites, but I guess it is a little too complicated and at risk of "loosing" that feature. May be I´ll wait.

Tried to track my dog and it was VERY HARD!! Can this get better with an app upgrade?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078