DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware upgrade

Just done update on M2Z yesterday, impossible via wifi (same as all posts above), but easy via Assistant. I use 3 different controllers; iPhone XS Max, Lenovo tab 4 plus 8 and Epson Moverio BT300. Just a few remarks; there are no specific drivers for Windows, however the drone and controller are first recognised as external usb drives and you’re asked what to do with them. Once the usb drive question answered it

Sorry, hit wrong button , to continue; once usb passed it will be recognised by Assistant. The controller updated but still showed as previous version, so done it again. The drone showed as updated at first attempt. I do recommend to manually update the controller.

Sorry again, that last statement sounds ambiguous, with controller I mean phone or tablet.

I have never had to use DJI Assistant to to do an upgrade. In every update I have completed, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, I have turned on my Mavic, controller, and iPad, then go to about, select check for updates, and let it install. I have never updated through the PC. In every case, the download performs without a hitch and the FW updates.

Am I missing something, are all the above issues while updating through a PC? If so, can they try doing it through the controller and their tablet and see if that solves their problem. If they are doing it through the PC because of a lack of Internet connection on their tablet/iPad, how about trying it through WiFi at home or the local library? Just a thought, not trying to criticize anyone, just curious not knowing all the circumstances in the above cases.

Changing the USB cable did the trick for me.

Cables seam to be a common problem sometimes. Earlier in my Mavic days I would randomly have video feed problems, and even controller connect issues. It turned out to be the controller cable. After upgrading to a higher quality cable, I have since never had a problem.

Anker cables have a good reputation and I have never had a problem with them. Very dependable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N522SM2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a similar problem, after update using pc, all went well, but on location I boot up and get an inconsistent firmware pop up saying the controller needs updating. Important shoot so I cancelled the pop up. The aircraft flew perfectly even tested precision landing. Got home and connected to pc and it said firmware normal. Away from the internet and I get the inconsistent firmware message on boot up. Contacted support and they want me to return it for inspection. They are over 1000 km away so I am taking the chance as it all seems to be working OK after cancelling the pop up.

I believe it is also true that many problems folks have with updates are due to poor Wi-Fi signal strength/bandwidth and eventually the update software coughs or times out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d