DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.00.0510

lrsn

Reactions
I still have not upgraded my M2P FW to v01.00.0510 as my M2P using my Smartcontroller for me is unbelievably perfect as compared to my P3P, P4, P4PV2, MP, and I1V2, all of which I still have and fly!
My question, is has anyone found changes in FW v01.00.0510 that they don't like or really do like. I fly most of the time up at or way above 8,000' ASL in the Rocky Mountains amongst 120'+ tall trees and 2,500'+ verticle cliffs far from airports (and people) and for a couple of months every year at approximately Sea Level in the San Francisco East and South Bay of California.

Last edited:
Probably the biggest change, which also requires the .24 app, is the ability to set the day to discharge, with 5 days now being the default. DJI's Knee jerk reaction to the wave of batteries swelling. You can put it back to 10 days if desired.

On the negative side: after the last update (..510) loss of remote control signal at very short distances .. tested in common places where it had never happened before ... and notice of stick calibration very often when not before passed (without any change of conditions ...) Tested the "reversion" to the old firmware version ... no problem

As long as we're speculating what a firmware upgrade might do: On the plus side, there are a good handful of reported crash and burn problems with IMU failures. You typically don't know about the issue until you've already crashed.

DJI has been quietly replacing crafts that show to have crashed for this reason, and some of us suspect that they could have put a fix in the latest firmware for the issue, but not mentioned the fix in the release notes. So if that's true, it depends on if you want to wait for the fatal crash, or upgrade to avoid that.

Chris

If they did or when they do fix the problem in firmware, using old firmware could deny warranty. Something to think about for you holdouts.

Hi Dan, Up till now I've never had to use DJI's Warranty on anything. Of my last 8 DJI Drones plus Goggles etc that I've purchased new only my 1st M2P wound up with an inoperable Smart Controller of which I took advantage of the Amazon 30 day return option and bought my 2nd new M2P with a perfect fully operational Smart Controller. I'm more concerned with having a bad FW. Pretty much everyone agrees that the 510 FW is ok. I usually only use 5 days with all my batteries.
I was burned a few times with DJI requiring an Internet Connection years ago to use my P4 which I documented online. I'm in my late 70s and after walking in to the base of a 2,500' AGL vertical cliff over rocks and thru mountainous terrain up at 9,000'+ ASL to meet friends who were waiting for me and my new Phantom 4 which I had Activated the day before which wouldn't start. Luckily I had my Inspire 1v2 in my truck but I had to walk back out to get it and walk back in, all on a hot day! Since then I don't trust FW and other upgrades until it is proven trouble free!

Last edited:
The thing is, it seems the IMU issue could hit any one of us M2 owners. If it hits you, and it was fixed in recent firmware that you did not install, then warranty could be denied.

We are a group of certified official pilots ... We are well aware of the conditions in which we fly professionally and the guarantee policy of all our aircraft (Dji, Yuneec, Parrot ..) ...
The "reversal" of the firmware has been tested in an M2P of a partner who ... unfortunately ... suffered all such incidents and the warranty has already expired ... Safety in operations (operational) and in flight missions always above any other secondary "provision" not implied in that security.

Me too
On the negative side: after the last update (..510) loss of remote control signal at very short distances .. tested in common places where it had never happened before ... and notice of stick calibration very often when not before passed (without any change of conditions ...) Tested the "reversion" to the old firmware version ... no problem
before I use to update but now nomore... I notice that with my drones since my p3pro, spark, to mavics that when theres a new dji drones suddenly theres a new firmware updates to the older drones and there I start experiencing all that I never experienced or is it coincedence? It may not be all droners but question why? and If I downgrade it goes well? ?

Thanks for your reply.
I actually did the first update that corrected the spot-on landings but in reading what you and others have experienced I'm not in any hurry to upgrade to 510. The only occasional item that bugs me are the DJI GO 4 App disconnects but it always reconnects fast and that might be the App and not the Firmware. I'm using my Smart Controller.

Reposting to this more relevant thread:

I just had the same thing happen to my M2Z. Get a critical battery warning and bird begins landing a **immediately** with zero warning. On the first incident it happened with Battery A going from 55 percent to zero (supposedly) almost instantly. A few days later I use a different battery (Battery B) and it ALSO goes from 100 to zero almost instantly (supposedly) and initiates landing. In both cases could have easily lost my drone as I was over or near water. In each case the battery indicators continued to show 50 percent and 100 percent capacity (?) in the LEDs and on the remote control **after landing**. Am disturbed about these events (as one could imagine) but am not furious as I would be if I had lost my drone into the drink on either occasion.

The only common link between the two batteries is that I had just updated the firmware in the batteries, bird, and remote control from 1.00.0400 to 1.00.0510. Makes me think it is a firmware issue as it happened soon after firmware update on two different batteries. Will try downgrading firmware.

As a follow up, I downgraded all my components back to 1.00.0400 including the two batteries that were causing such dangerous flight scenarios. Am delighted to report that all is well after the downgrade. Testing both batteries, starting with a full charge and running the drone hard in Sport mode, P mode with all sensors on as well as a few Quickshots just for kicks. Batteries/flight duration were perfectly normal. Flew them until the 10 percent critical battery warning kicked in. Perfect behavior with 1.00.0400 firmware. Am more than a little irritated that 1.00.0500 would have rendered my batteries useless. Has anyone else had this experience?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness