DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

Teesquar

Reactions
Just got my mavic today and and checked the firmware. Said it was v0300 and was up to date. Came back to check the other batteries and it now says that there is an update to v01.03.0400 dated 02/14/2017.
Updating the whole kit as I type.
Still have to fly it so we'll see.

Reactions: Logger
Thanks for the head up Teesquar. Will be interesting to see what un-documented stuff is in there too.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Good info thanks for the heads up this will be interesting to see if the fixed DLOG lots of videographers advising to stay away from it

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: garypj1
it a good think about the ultrasonic sensors. I got a hard landing once when landing on a golf club "green" it looks that the ultrasonic sensors and the cameras could properly measure the distance from the craft to the ground.

Is reassuring that there is self diagnose when the craft is turned on.

Just flew with the new firmware briefly Android DJIGo4 speed error (FPS instead of MPH) is still present. Did not see any Magnetic interference messages in sports mode when flat out, but I could not test thoroughly. So it is possible this message has been suppressed/removed or something else related to the cause altered. Be interested to hear how others get on who previously got this warning when flat out. Can you still get this message?

Reactions: jdcntulsa
The upgrade went ok. Took 27 minutes (longest ever) and it seemed to freeze from 20 to 26 minutes at 87% done but it eventually did finish and looks fine.

Reactions: jpbluzharp
Same here Hopefully I can test it out tomorrow

I flew a bit in the living room but it's dicey in the evening as even with all the lights on the room's slightly too dark for VPS and OA to really work. It gives a warning about ambient light too low for forward OA to work. So it's just in ATTI mode - no big deal but the wind it generates actually moves it around a bit. Anyway, I'll test outdoors tomorrow morning.

Did the upgrade this morning. Same over here, around 86% takes a few minutes for progress and also ventilator stops blowing during that time. Update went well. Started up engines after restart drone and all seems ok on a Android 7.0 Shield K1 tablet. Noticed that some settings are reverted to default like EXP settings, RTH altitude and max flight distance. Camera settings where intact. Had to set some to my liking. Will test in flight tomorrow.

Reactions: Sloth469
Yes that's right - a number of settings reverted. Just make sure you go through all the screens before flying. And probably calibrate compass (and IMU if desired). I'll just do compass.

Reactions: Tricky98
Just got my mavic today and and checked the firmware. Said it was v0300 and was up to date. Came back to check the other batteries and it now says that there is an update to v01.03.0400 dated 02/14/2017.
Updating the whole kit as I type.
Still have to fly it so we'll see.
I received mine last week and it did not need any update, said up to date, the first time I've not had to for a dji product.
No jellow and machine does not get hot as previous , barely warm, they must have corrected a few things....[emoji3]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

I was flying when my app just disconeccted. was unable to get it back until I powercycled the controller. After I landed it said update avalible. So I tried and it failed twice. Followed all directions. And have now tried with the dji assistant 2-3 times. It comes up fail then complete, then firmware incompatable detected press update. Been in this loop for awhile. HELP

I was flying when my app just disconeccted. was unable to get it back until I powercycled the controller.
Next time pull the USB out of the Remote control and re insert it before you try a power cycle. Chances are that will recover DJIGo4 without intentionally killing the connection to the Aircraft by restarting the RC.

beven32 said:
After I landed it said update avalible. So I tried and it failed twice. Followed all directions. And have now tried with the dji assistant 2-3 times. It comes up fail then complete, then firmware incompatable detected press update. Been in this loop for awhile. HELP
Not sure but when using this method I suspect you have to Connect and run the DJI Assistant firmware process on the Remote controller as well. Or at very least connect the two together as described below.

ie
Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

4. Will the remote controller be updated when upgrading the aircraft via USB?
No. In this case, only the aircraft will be updated.
Please refer to the instructions below when using DJI Assistant 2 to update.
1. To update the remote controller only: Power off the aircraft and connect the remote controller to your computer via USB.
2. To update the aircraft only: Connect the aircraft to your computer via USB.
3. To update the aircraft and remote controller together: Power on the aircraft and link it to the remote controller then connect the remote controller to the computer via USB; Once the aircraft and remote controller are connected to your computer, DJI Assistant 2 will respond to the device that was connected first.

Reactions: Sloth469
The assistant app only comes up with the mavic over the rc. if I disconnect the drone the rc can be viewed in assistaint. So I am unsure if it will talk to both devices during the update like the OTA update does on the app. So I think the ota update has updated my remote. but not my drone.
Next time pull the USB out of the Remote control and re insert it before you try a power cycle. Chances are that will recover DJIGo4 without intentionally killing the connection to the Aircraft by restarting the RC.

Not sure but when using this method I suspect you have to Connect and run the DJI Assistant firmware process on the Remote controller as well. Or at very least connect the two together as described below.

ie
Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

4. Will the remote controller be updated when upgrading the aircraft via USB?
No. In this case, only the aircraft will be updated.
Please refer to the instructions below when using DJI Assistant 2 to update.
1. To update the remote controller only: Power off the aircraft and connect the remote controller to your computer via USB.
2. To update the aircraft only: Connect the aircraft to your computer via USB.
3. To update the aircraft and remote controller together: Power on the aircraft and link it to the remote controller then connect the remote controller to the computer via USB; Once the aircraft and remote controller are connected to your computer, DJI Assistant 2 will respond to the device that was connected first.
No I did try unplugging and restarting my app. Just said aircraft disconnect until I restarted my remote. I decended manuly before I turned it off and on. Mavic tried to land when I turned off rc but had enought time to reconnect.

I think you may be right about the fw.. When I plug in my remote it says it is running the new firware !! But my mavic refusses to update.. So when it charges back up ill try downgrading my remote and try again..

The assistant app only comes up with the mavic over the rc. if I disconnect the drone the rc can be viewed in assistaint. So I am unsure if it will talk to both devices during the update like the OTA update does on the app. So I think the ota update has updated my remote. but not my drone.

No I did try unplugging and restarting my app. Just said aircraft disconnect until I restarted my remote. I decended manuly before I turned it off and on. Mavic tried to land when I turned off rc but had enought time to reconnect.

I think you may be right about the fw.. When I plug in my remote it says it is running the new firware !! But my mavic refusses to update.. So when it charges back up ill try downgrading my remote and try again..

I SWARE it was them pusing the update to my app that killed it. because there was no update present before takeoff.. But when it reconnected BOOM. Please update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian