DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.03.0400

@beven32 You can try to disable mobile data and/or wifi when flying if you don't need to stream live. This way the app can not connect and force you to do anything if reconnected. This is the reason why I first start up RC and drone at home before I take it out to fly. If no updates are present, once on location I set my tablet or phone to airplane mode.

Last edited:
The firmware update can be ignored indefinitely, they have more or less stopped you using the older App though.
Once it knows about the enforced change to go4 you can't disable the blocking message even if not online.
If you want to keep flying with old app you'll probably need it on a dedicated device and never go online even for maps.

Firmware update seems to have some worthwhile fixes, as usual there will be more things they haven't mentioned we will find over time.
Not all good most likely.

Another smooth issue free upgrade. Took about 15 minutes to complete so be patient and make sure everything is charged before you begin :)

Like all the other upgrades this does take longer at some points so if it sits at a % point just wait and keep an eye on the drone and controller as at these points when the % complete is not moving your drone lighting or mortors will change/move as will the gimbal.

The drone reboots a few times as does the handset and this all takes time.

I do not update in the field i always do this at home via wifi so as said above if you get an upgrade request while out flying i would just ignore it until you are back home.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlaczek and swill
@beven32 You can try to disable mobile data and/or wifi when flying if you don't need to stream live. This way the app can not connect and force you to do anything if reconnected. This is the reason why I first start up RC and drone at home before I take it out to fly. If no updates are present, once on location I set my tablet or phone to airplane mode.

I will be going full airplane mode from now on to avoid this. Cheers for the advice. I took me all day and bricking my mavic but im finally on v.0400

Wondering what would happen if the updates ever get so big that they take longer than 27 Minutes which is the life of the battery. Hopefully they factor that in and you can quit to swap batteries and it will carry on from where it left off.

Wondering what would happen if the updates ever get so big that they take longer than 27 Minutes which is the life of the battery. Hopefully they factor that in and you can quit to swap batteries and it will carry on from where it left off.

Life of a battery at rest/idle vs in flight is probably longer than 27 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I believe the batt life of 27 minutes would be with the motors running, which would be a major draw of power. I would think with just the onboard electronics running, the life would be longer.
Still, good point regarding update duration and what the battery will allow.

Guys, just remember to update the FW with every single battery. Let's see this new FW version.

Reactions: larkin
Guys, just remember to update the FW with every single battery. Let's see this new FW version.
Is this a battery firmware update, or do you just make assumptions? Anyway, just did the update, no problem, took about 15 minutes. The RTH attitude was reset to 30 M, so please check your values after the update.

After the firmware update completed, I installed my other two batteries. I did not receive any warnings on the Go 4 home screen.

It also resets any changes you made to Epo - fairly normal.
Haven't see anything else back on default other favourites are .mov rather than .mpg and continuous file naming.

So I got my Mavic on 1/17 and I had .0300 firmware.

On the official site the publicly posted firmware goes .0200 to now .0400. I wonder if my firmware was just an early build and has all the fixes of .0400 or what changed from .0300 to .0400.

Did it fix the constant app crashes on Android while flying?
I found its more an issue with what model android. it seems the samsung s range work ok. I can report 40 + flights with my s6 edge + not a single app crash. but I watched a youtube video of this guys constantly crashing and it was his slow phone could not even keep up with the video. I think android is only stable if you have a newish phone from a reputable brand with a good amount of cpu power.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom