DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware will not update?

RVoverlanders

Reactions
I am at my end here. Been following the instructions to update the firmware of my new Mavic 2 Pro from several youtube videos and it just won't work.

I have depleted the fully charged battery life of my controller 3x times and 2x drone batteries trying to do the initial update.

All the App says that it is updating but the progress bar never moves for hours on end. I have strong wifi so there cannot be an internet issue.

It just won't work.

I have been trying to do it via the phone, then I see on youtube there is a DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to be downloaded. I tried this but also does not work as it only seems to be for Mavic Mini according to the initial on screen instructions.

What do I do please??

You need to download the correct version of the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2 pro

Then follow the instructions in the video to use DJI Assistant 2 on the PC.
It also helps to have the pc connected to the internet router / modem via ethernet cable, as the app is sensitive to dropouts.

Sometimes there might be a USB driver problem that doesn't allow your RC or AC to connect to the pc, in this situation you will need to rerun the USB driver install app

That worked thank you very much.
I had downloaded the ''incorrect'' version. Why have two files named exactly the same next to one another when one works and one does not work, I do not know!
Your video was useful too thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78