DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware zero effect

Mine was fine 🤔
Wait.. don’t have a 3 yet 🥴
Somebody freind me one 😀
Sorry couldn’t help it ☹️

My satellite acquisition didn’t improve at all. Matter of fact it seems worse. Today is the longest. 5 minutes and 5% of my battery today. Hours after updating smart controller and drone. Not happy.
So I took mine out today . . . quick test flight. I was deep into high mountains (5 to 7k feet). I powered up and the first 30 seconds (nothing). 10 seconds later it jumped to 11 Sats and it sat there for nearly a minute. Total time to 12 Sats: 1:30 seconds. Previous acquisitions took 5 mins. I was expecting less than a min for 12 Sats . . . :(

So I took mine out today . . . quick test flight. I was deep into high mountains (5 to 7k feet). I powered up and the first 30 seconds (nothing). 10 seconds later it jumped to 11 Sats and it sat there for nearly a minute. Total time to 12 Sats: 1:30 seconds. Previous acquisitions took 5 mins. I was expecting less than a min for 12 Sats . . . :(
Similar experience. 0 sats for 20-25 seconds, then 10, 11... but it was super cloudy and stormy here, so not the best scenario. Hours later tried again and replayed same time. It also few for a few mins with only 14... at 200 feet altitude. Took several minutes to hit 20, then lost a few. I expect it to be better when Kp isn't at "4" but ots not bad. Not as fast as Air 2 or Mini 2 but reasonable now.

bkushner- have you refreshed the FW with DJI Assistant?

Mine was fine 🤔
Wait.. don’t have a 3 yet 🥴
Somebody freind me one 😀
Sorry couldn’t help it ☹️
Hey I bought the Mavic 3 and sold my Air 2S mainly for more flight time. Now I spend 5% of my battery waiting to acquire sats. I'm about ready to pack it in on the M3. Very disappointed this didn't fix it. For the record, the sats weren't an issue until the December 10 firmware upgrade.

Similar experience. 0 sats for 20-25 seconds, then 10, 11... but it was super cloudy and stormy here, so not the best scenario. Hours later tried again and replayed same time. It also few for a few mins with only 14... at 200 feet altitude. Took several minutes to hit 20, then lost a few. I expect it to be better when Kp isn't at "4" but ots not bad. Not as fast as Air 2 or Mini 2 but reasonable now.

I haven't refreshed yet but I did do the initial upgrade via DJI Assistant. Also with many people reporting they are still having the issue I'm assuming a refresh probably won't do the trick but I'm going to try it.

Clouds or rain do not affect your GPS acquisition or use.

Same with me. Took 2 minutes 40 seconds to acquire 12 sats and set home point. The same place I took my mini and 15 seconds were ready. My Air 2S only took 12 seconds and my Mavic 2 Pro 14 seconds.

I need to make a video testing all of them. Is a shame.

I thought it was just me.
I am going to again later when it stop raining

Wonder why it would fix some and not others?
These are the reasons it might happen, I'm not sure, just what I thought about:
1. There are 2 or more "versions" of the GPS module, depending on which one you have it might fix it or not.
2. One of the first firmwares broke it and depending on when you picked up the mavic, your drone might not have had that version and isn't messed up.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
My satellite acquisition didn’t improve at all. Matter of fact it seems worse. Today is the longest. 5 minutes and 5% of my battery today. Hours after updating smart controller and drone. Not happy.
Unbelievable that Dji is doing this, that’s why I’m sticking with Mavic2pro I’m so sorry that they treat there customers so bad

The fact that some people claim the firmware is working fine and others not, let me think that truly they are using 2 different GPS modules in the Mavic 3 production. The shortage of chips is highly possible and that can explain the cause of this. I will send my Mavic 3 to DJI for check-up or return.

Wonder why it would fix some and not others?
This morning I watched Billy Kyle's Youtube video on the most recent FW update. I don't remember his exact words, but he was saying that there are several slightly different batches of the M3, with slightly different components. The GNSS aquisition problem affects some of the drones, and in some locations (usually in "busy" locations, meaning lots of interference) more than in others.

This problem has not bothered me (knocking wood). When I started flying DJI drones, I used to start by turning on the drone, then the controller and finally the smart device. Then, when I studied for the EASA competency test, I noticed that the training material says that the drone should be the last one to turn on (obviously to prevent it from flying without pairing with the controller). I began to do so, until I noted that I could now assemble and turn on the controller/smart device system in less time than the M3 aquires satellite fix (about 1:30 for a cold start in an interference-free open location). Then I started to turn my M3 on first, and it has since been able to aquire position faster than I can prepare the rest of the system.

I know I am one of the lucky ones in this respect. But I've earned it, having to fly with EU transmission power limitations.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13