DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 pro - firmware update question.

Robin

Reactions
I have had many DJI drones before but I am confused with mini 4 firmware update.

I have the pro version with controller with screen. rc2

Do I have to plug my iPhone with dji fly into the bottom of controller to update firmware ?

Got it today and in process of charging all the batteries that will take a few hours.

Next job is to update to latest firmware.

I have the pro version with controller with screen. rc2

Do I have to plug my iPhone with dji fly into the bottom of controller to update firmware ?
No.

To update the aircraft, open DJI Fly on the remote controller and go to "About" in the settings.

To update the RC, drag down from the very top of the screen and make sure the remote controller is connected to Wi-Fi. If it's connected and an update is available, a prompt will appear on the screen.

You can refer to the DJI manuals for these products for more details on how to install firmware updates.

No.

To update the aircraft, open DJI Fly on the remote controller and go to "About" in the settings.

To update the RC, drag down from the very top of the screen and make sure the remote controller is connected to Wi-Fi. If it's connected and an update is available, a prompt will appear on the screen.

You can refer to the DJI manuals for these products for more details on how to install firmware updates.
thanks

i was looking at the manual and it said about using phone but that did not seem to make sense.

i was looking at the manual and it said about using phone
You would need to use your phone (or other mobile device) if not using a remote controller with a screen where DJI Fly is installed.

Reactions: Robin
ok, i cant see anything in manual about connecting to wi-fi.

Which manual are you referring to?

I downloaded the dji mini 4 pro user manual..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 18.23.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 18.23.07.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 12
The DJI RC 2 manual will likely be more helpful for more details on firmware updates.

Reactions: Robin
That looks much better this manual has a lot more in it that the drone one :)
Strange it does not appear on the mini 4 pro downloads page.

Reactions: Krrr and Robin
Just a quick follow and thanks again for your help.

Once batteries were charged, I eventually managed to activate the drone. (would not accept my password for some reason but then it did).

As it had done that the firmware update was front central and was obvious how it was done.

So that went well.

Need to spend more time reading all the extra stuff the drone has compared to my old ones.

Picture quality is outstanding, standard 4K no adjustment.

1700060774039.png

Cross-posted from the DJI forum:

Since the aircraft will weigh more than 250g when using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, this will require to comply with the RID (FAA) regulations. After updating the firmware, the aircraft will comply with Remote ID wherein it will provide information about drones in flight, such as the identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station. Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties.
Does this also apply to the Mini 3 Pro?

I ask, as I have both the Mini 3 Pro, & now the Mini 4 Pro.

I haven't flown my Mini 3 Pro in a while, & haven't done any firmware updates since then — several months — but due to my being lax in not reading the details of the firmware update prior to updating my Mini 3 Pro back in September 2022, it was updated to include the RID broadcast function, which can't be rolled back to the previous version.

I assume that if I hadn't done that update, my Mini 3 Pro would not be compliant with the FAA RID function.

Does the Mini 3 Pro broadcast RID, all the time, or not, or is that only while using the Plus batteries?

Does updating batteries have anything to do with either the Mini 3 Pro, or the Mini 4 Pro, enabling or disabling the RID broadcast signal, depending on which type of battery is being used?

Now that I recently purchased the new Mini 4 Pro, I have a similar question — if the Mini 4 Pro is not updated from (I'm assuming, Date: 2023.11.08 Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210) to the most recent/current firmware version (Date: 2023.12.21, Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300, Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2)), is it compliant with the FAA RID requirement, by default out of the box, as in, does it by default broadcast RID, regardless of the battery type, or not?

If so, does this most recent firmware update merely turn off the RID signal broadcast when using the standard batteries?

Or,

If not, does this most recent firmware update turn on the RID signal broadcast, but only when using the Plus batteries?

I've learned through my experience with the Mini 3 Pro update I mentioned above, to carefully scrutinize & consider, prior to accepting any updates issued by DJI.

The same goes for updates for the RC2 that came with the Mini 4 Pro, & also for its batteries.

Thank you for your reply.

Just updated to latest firmware and the Mini 4 Pro will not start motors. Tried rebooting and reconnecting several time same issue motors will not start. Takeoff goes through the loop on screen to 100% and nothing happens. Anyone seen this work fine 30 minutes ago before all the updating. No errors on screen just no motor start.

My out-of-the box mini 4 pro has a firmware version of 01.00.0040 and I'm using DJI Fly app version 1.12.6.
The aircraft altitude slider is unlocked and I can select up to 500 meters, which I did. If I update the fw, will I lose the ability to raise the altitude to 500m?

My out-of-the box mini 4 pro has a firmware version of 01.00.0040 and I'm using DJI Fly app version 1.12.6.
The aircraft altitude slider is unlocked and I can select up to 500 meters, which I did. If I update the fw, will I lose the ability to raise the altitude to 500m?
Same happend to me. My new Mini 4 pro had 01.00.0040 firmware version out-of-the-box. I'm glad to discover no 120 m height restrictions in EU contries, but lack of features as 360 Tracking and Augmented Reality,

I realized than updating to latest firmware V01.00.0300 using DJI Fly will limit height to 120m. I didn´t like it.

A workarround was updating to previous fimware with no heith restricted, as V01.00.0200. You will need a third part application like DroneHacks (free) for flashing the .bin firmware file

Best regards

Reactions: BroomRider
Same happend to me. My new Mini 4 pro had 01.00.0040 firmware version out-of-the-box. I'm glad to discover no 120 m height restrictions in EU contries, but lack of features as 360 Tracking and Augmented Reality,

I realized than updating to latest firmware V01.00.0300 using DJI Fly will limit height to 120m. I didn´t like it.

A workarround was updating to previous fimware with no heith restricted, as V01.00.0200. You will need a third part application like DroneHacks (free) for flashing the .bin firmware file

Best regards
Thanks a bunch for your comment!
I updated the firmware to 01.00.0200 and the altitude was locked to 120m at first. After fiddling around, I found the steps to unlock the altitude to 500m.

I wiped all data from the DJI fly app and started it again without internet connection, which limits the altitude to 30 meters or something like that but I managed to turn the slider up to 500 meters.
After restoring internet connection and logging in, the altitude slider stayed at 500 meters. I have yet to fly the aircraft and test if the settings actually work or not.

Reactions: BroomRider
Thanks a bunch for your comment!
I updated the firmware to 01.00.0200 and the altitude was locked to 120m at first. After fiddling around, I found the steps to unlock the altitude to 500m.

I wiped all data from the DJI fly app and started it again without internet connection, which limits the altitude to 30 meters or something like that but I managed to turn the slider up to 500 meters.
After restoring internet connection and logging in, the altitude slider stayed at 500 meters. I have yet to fly the aircraft and test if the settings actually work or not.
Your tip for 500m unlocking is great. I didnt know about it. Can you tell me what DJI Fly app android versión support it ?

And please, point me the place in the web where you discovered it.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Your tip for 500m unlocking is great. I didnt know about it. Can you tell me what DJI Fly app android versión support it ?

And please, point me the place in the web where you discovered it.

Thanks a lot
Still using Dji Fly 1.12.6 and I think I found a mention of internet connection affecting the altitude limit from a youtube comment maybe.
I also noticed that the altitude restriction reverted to 120m sometime after I had it at 500m, maybe because I had internet connection on for a while. I repeated the process of wiping the app data and and after logging in I'm keeping it offline until I'm forced to re-login.

Still using Dji Fly 1.12.6 and I think I found a mention of internet connection affecting the altitude limit from a youtube comment maybe.
I also noticed that the altitude restriction reverted to 120m sometime after I had it at 500m, maybe because I had internet connection on for a while. I repeated the process of wiping the app data and and after logging in I'm keeping it offline until I'm

I also noticed that the altitude restriction reverted to 120m sometime after I had it at 500m, maybe because I had internet connection on for a while. I repeated the process of wiping the app data and and after logging in I'm keeping it offline until I'm forced to re-login.

I stand on DJI Fly 1.12.2 with plenty 500m limit no matters online or ofline. I realized 1.12.3 and later versions shows the uggly 120m restriction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne