DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro Use of goggles

123taff

Reactions
I have been flying on or off for the last 5 years or more.

Originally I used a generation one Mavic. I also used a set of DJI goggles, (both of which I still own)

I have since been bitten by the convenience of the less restrictive use of the Mini series, firstly the Mini 3 pro and now the Mini 4 pro and the RC2 controller.

One of the things I did with my Mavic was to take out my grandsons, and I would fly the Mavic using my Iphone, and they would take it in turns to wear the goggles just to get a birds eye view of what I was filming, completely independant of my control of the drone flight.

This tended to make it more interesting for them.

I would welcome the same set up with my Mini4 pro and RC2 combination, but as far as I can tell, the newly announced association with the integra goggles and the mini4 is only possiblle if connected to a motion controller, thus meaning that the flyer has to wear the goggles.

My ideal would be for me to carry on controlling the aircrat via VLOS and the RC2, and the grandsons to be able to wear the goggles to see what the drone is seeing, again completely independant over my control of the aircraft.

I take it that this is not possible with the Mini4 pro. It is such a shame and I wish that DJI would just commit to a link to third party independant goggle viewing without the need to interfere with the control of the aircraft by simultaneous conventional means.

You can "fake" it by plugging an hdmi adapter into your device and then into the googles. You can't control anything with the googles but you will have the view.

I have no direct evidence of this so I only provide my opinion but I believe DJI took their lumps from the original white and race googles from years earlier where consumer burned them claiming they wanted all these features. The Mavic 2 and the white googles could do practically "everything" yet.....it was a flop for so many reasons. Lessons learned.

You can "fake" it by plugging an hdmi adapter into your device and then into the googles. You can't control anything with the googles but you will have the view.

I've come across suggestions that this method could be effective, but I lack firsthand experience. However, I did come across an instance on Pilot Institute where a Search and Rescue professional mentioned connecting a large screen TV to the controller. This allowed other members of the team to monitor the drone's flight while he operated it.

Reactions: Cafguy
I've come across suggestions that this method could be effective, but I lack firsthand experience. However, I did come across an instance on Pilot Institute where a Search and Rescue professional mentioned connecting a large screen TV to the controller. This allowed other members of the team to monitor the drone's flight while he operated it.
I believe you can do this with the RC Pro without having goggles and it is approved by DJI.

Reactions: Cafguy and MotoSavy
Can you output to a tablet?

I also want to get a set of goggles but I am not sure which one I want. If I get the integra it actually helps control the drone? I am not sure I want that. if I could move the camera up and down while flying using the controller I think that would be useful though!

I have a Mini 4 Pro

I have grand daughters who would love to see through the goggles but I want to control the drone. Would the goggles 2 work for me?

123taff, what you want to have is possible with the RC 2 and the Rokid Ar Max Goggles. You still have a the camera's view on the RC 2 and additionally have it on the Rokid.
Using the Goggles 3 you can also use the RC 2 but you won't have the screen on the RC 2 working. The RC 2 is used for steering, but only the Goggles 3 shows the camera screen.
The Rokid is fantastic and even is powered from the RC 2, you only need a usb-c cable to connect.

Reactions: Krrr
Correct me if I’m wrong, are you saying that if I run a usb c cable between the googles 3 and the RC2 controller, I’ll have the drone view in the googles but still controlled by. The RC2?

Yes - unfortunately the screen of the RC 2 then is blank, so you cannot use this combination to show FPV to somebody (only if you yourself fly just VLOS)

At 8:37 you see the blank screen of the RC 2 with just the information on it that goggles are used.
I think, if you search the web, there should also be some more videos about that topic in English.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas