DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware zero effect

I don't really care that DJI has had to made production modifications on the M3 models (perhaps making some with different GPS modules).

A firmware update for the M3 should cover the M3, all of them, regardless of production revisions

But this is really all speculation at this point, isn't it? (Why some are fixed, others aren't.)

Chris

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I have to say that after reading all the bad things with the M3 Pro, I am very pleased I stayed with my M2Pro. I hope that DJI get things sorted for all you poor M3Pro owners. Sad to hear about these problems for such an expensive drone system.
Keep your M2, enjoy it. M3 is a pile of bugs, the app is quite bad, and, in general, not ready to be what it promised. And the price ? 😖

Updated to latest firmware and GPS fix is in my case significantly faster. New issue in my case is object tracking where picture in Android DJI Fly app freeze and visual control is lost, therefore object tracking need to be stopped to keep flying safe and picture unfreeze back to live view after couple of seconds like 20-40 in my case.
Used Samsung S22 Ultra Exynos, NC-1 remote and Mavic 3 :) all in latest available firmwares and softwares. Tested twice after reboot with the same result.

edit: tested today again different position, just unpacked Mavic 3, powered on and directly after installation of phone, connecting to NC-1 home point has been updated so I'm back as before December update.
Only object tracking freezing picture remaining.

Last edited:
Keep your M2, enjoy it. M3 is a pile of bugs, the app is quite bad, and, in general, not ready to be what it promised. And the price ? 😖
….and, to make things even clearer: I resisted to to do the update until today. I just did 😫.
Took 10 (ten!!) minutes to get 12 satellites. It took like 5 minutes before (still not acceptable). From bad, to worse ….
Will put it on sale or shove it on the closet until a real update comes along….

….and, to make things even clearer: I resisted to to do the update until today. I just did 😫.
Took 10 (ten!!) minutes to get 12 satellites. It took like 5 minutes before (still not acceptable). From bad, to worse ….
Will put it on sale or shove it on the closet until a real update comes along….
It doesn't affect performance in any way. Just use a second battery for GNSS, and swap out with a 100% battery for immediate flight on the warm boot after HP has been acquired.

It doesn't affect performance in any way. Just use a second battery for GNSS, and swap out with a 100% battery for immediate flight on the warm boot after HP has been acquired.
This isn't a reasonable solution, especially if you don't have two batteries or are time-limited, or both. I sometimes fly to capture a dramatic sunset and if I had to wait 10 minutes for a home point I would miss the opportunity. Sure, this may work for some people but workarounds do not equal solutions. So far I'm in the fortunate camp that saw improvement, but I can completely empathize with those that are still struggling with a half-baked product and poor transparency from the manufacturer.

Reactions: Norval
This isn't a reasonable solution, especially if you don't have two batteries or are time-limited, or both. I sometimes fly to capture a dramatic sunset and if I had to wait 10 minutes for a home point I would miss the opportunity. Sure, this may work for some people but workarounds do not equal solutions. So far I'm in the fortunate camp that saw improvement, but I can completely empathize with those that are still struggling with a half-baked product and poor transparency from the manufacturer.
The alternative workaround is to wait for 8 satellites and reboot. It usually sets the HP within 30 seconds after. If time is of the essence, launch straight up, immediately after connection to the RC, as high as it will let you. It will set the Home Point directly above you much faster. Lastly, you can launch and fly away without a Home Point being set, and when it finally acquires the Home Point enroute, just reset the Home Point manually to the location of the RC.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat, for those not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater!

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW
Last edited:
Apparently, no rollback after updating to 600. Maybe it wasn't really to fix the GNSS issues! What else could they be up to this time? 🤣
BwaHAHAHAH!!!! Hilarious. Jesus, DJI really screwed the pooch with this one.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne