DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first 24 hours with it - two issues....

Skrems

Reactions
Hi All,

Love the flight characteristics so far - fast when needed and silky smooth when in tripod mode.

Two issues though -
1) Really washed out video and pictures. I have left every thing as auto except switching to Sunny once for WB. I get the zebra stripes almost everywhere there is a light area. I know I can manually override this (change ISO to 100 etc) but I was hoping out of the box auto would give me 'good enough' results. The color profile is set to Natural. Do you think there is a sensor issue or did I overlook something? I see on the forum here there are several settings for best video but those are all manual.
2) The bloody craft keep saying there was an obstacle in front but I was at 300 ft and not facing the sun. I also see in the forums about this issue but it seems to be only when facing the sun and the plastic labels left on. Neither of these apply. I can live with this and turn it off if needed.

Cheers!

Steve

Leaving everything in auto, do you see an EV rating on the screen saying +1 or higher? That's an exposure value you can adjust with the right RC wheel. Bring it down to 0.0 or even -0.3. The setting is there even in auto, to let you compensate for snowy scenes or deep sunsets which should not be mid-tone, but maybe got dialed up accidentally.

Reactions: Skrems
For 1) Turn down the EV using the right hand upper wheel until you have a 0 EV.

For 2) Check that the sensor windows are clean, have no clear stickers attached. A forward sensor calibration might be in order.

Polarizing ND filters make the image WAY better, highly recommended. More color and saturation.

Also what everyone else is saying turn the EV down a notch or two (E V is Exposure Value compensation).

Leaving everything in auto, do you see an EV rating on the screen saying +1 or higher? That's an exposure value you can adjust with the right RC wheel. Bring it down to 0.0 or even -0.3. The setting is there even in auto, to let you compensate for snowy scenes or deep sunsets which should not be mid-tone, but maybe got dialed up accidentally.

ahhh yes! It was showing +2.3 now. I have set it to 0 and will try again tomorrow in the same light conditions. Cheers!

For 1) Turn down the EV using the right hand upper wheel until you have a 0 EV.

For 2) Check that the sensor windows are clean, have no clear stickers attached. A forward sensor calibration might be in order.

Thanks on both - The forward sensors are sticker free and clean. I will try the calibration. Cheers.

Polarizing ND filters make the image WAY better, highly recommended. More color and saturation.

Also what everyone else is saying turn the EV down a notch or two (E V is Exposure Value compensation).

OK yeah that must have been it. The ND filters from DJI were back ordered. I think I will get them from amazon. Thanks.

ahhh yes! It was showing +2.3 now. I have set it to 0 and will try again tomorrow in the same light conditions. Cheers!

Wow, yeah +2.3.... out of a possible +3 is VERY bright, no wonder it was totally blown out. I'm sure you will have much better results :)

Thanks on both - The forward sensors are sticker free and clean. I will try the calibration. Cheers.

The front sensor calibration requires that one install the DJI Assistant 2 software and plug in a usb cable to the side port on the Mavic Pro.

Yes - the dial was causing the over exposed video. Perfect now!
Thanks all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ