DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini First attempt at editing a drone video

Reactions
After watching a few tutorials I was inspired to try creating my first drone video. Let me know what you think:

Nice job for first drone video edit.
Is it your first edit in general, or have you done some general other video type editing before ?
What did you use ? (I recognise the music.)
I have edited some other videos before, so I kind of know how to use davinci resolve. The song I used is called "forest trials" and I think its from one of the Dji apps.

I have edited some other videos before, so I kind of know how to use davinci resolve. The song I used is called "forest trials" and I think its from one of the Dji apps.
Yes I like that song! I have used that song , it’s really nice. You did a great job 👍

Reactions: 280
The song I used is called "forest trials" and I think its from one of the Dji apps.

That's the one :)
I used to edit in iMovie (still do most times) and put music on the vids in the DJI app (Go4), so have used that myself a few times.

Cheers, DaVinci is on my list to learn one day, or I might download Final Cut X as I do a lot of editing on the ipad.

Well, you might be new at editing but you’re not new at flying for cinematic effect. Nice smooth flights and turns (I was afraid that you’d hit some branches on the left there over the stream - which usually makes me turn faster than I want, thereby ruining that section of video). Nice job all around.

Reactions: baristabob and 280
Love it, very nicely done, perfect timing with the sound track! Also, you live in a beautiful part of the country!

Very nice. Your flying is smooth, scenes well selected and editing spot on. Music worked perfectly. Excellent job.

After watching a few tutorials I was inspired to try creating my first drone video. Let me know what you think:
I disagree with the creator labeling their footage “cinematic “. The viewer makes that determination.

Very nice. Your slow, controlled flying is excellent. Good choice of music. Shots were up long enough but not too long. Nice mix of shots too from flying forward to looking straight down, etc. Perhaps a longer fade out of the music at the end with a long fade to black on the video.

I like it a LOT!!! The music supported your video well. I like you changed scenes right at beats in the music. Well done!

Really nice job !!!

That's the one :)
I used to edit in iMovie (still do most times) and put music on the vids in the DJI app (Go4), so have used that myself a few times.

Cheers, DaVinci is on my list to learn one day, or I might download Final Cut X as I do a lot of editing on the ipad.
Not sure if FCP is on the ipad yet - maybe try iMovie.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Nice I haven't flown in icy conditions yet. Have you noticed it affect your battery life?
It wasn't super cold out when I started flying, probably about 20-30f. I did notice that after a while my phones battery dropped pretty fast and died right after I landed. I also noticed my transmission started getting laggy towards the end too.

Reactions: andred
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll